Chapter 2

It was almost midnight by the time I got home and I hadn't called to tell Alex or Tellan I'd be coming home so it was a surprise.

I silently unlocked the front door with my key and locked it back behind me, placing my purse and bags down at the door.

Marlee didn't bark so I assumed she was in her room in the family room downstairs.

My keys were placed on the stand by the door and my fingers ran through my long blonde hair.

The lights were out but my eyes changed to the green catlike ones so I could easily find my way through the dark living room.

I made my way up the stairs, my ears picking up the sound of the television in my room playing some cartoon.

I checked Tellan's room and found it empty, so I was guessing Alex had him in our room.

I smiled to myself as I opened my bedroom door.

Alex was sitting up on the bed, Tellan fast asleep with his head in his father's lap. Alex had a pistol in hand, aimed to me. I must've scared him.

"Shit, Jazz." He cursed, putting the gun down quickly. "I almost shot you." Alex put the gun down on the stand by his side of the bed and hurriedly got up to hug me, lifting my feet off the ground. "I didn't know you were coming home. No one called. Usually you, Nick, or Styles does." Alex then pressed his lips to my own, his fingertips holding my hips where he wanted them.

His left hand made a move for my backside, trailing over my hip and down the small of my back.

"Alex!" I squealed when he pinched my bum and broke the kiss. I smacked his chest, pointing to our son, who stirred in his sleep. 

"I'll put him in his own bed." Alex chuckled in his low, deep voice and patted my backside before going to Tellan.

As he walked pass me, I kissed my little man's forehead and smiled. 

Alex was so great with Tellan. 

I started to take my clothes off while my husband took our child to bed.

I changed into a shirt of Alex's that was too big for me and covered my butt. I then went down to the kitchen, flicking the lights on to make myself some hot chocolate before going to bed.

"It's been a month, Jasmine." Alex was standing in the doorway of the kitchen, casually leaning against it with his arms crossed. His demeanor had changed since he put Tellan in his own room.

"A month since what... Oh." I gave him a nervous glance and bit my bottom lip, putting the kettle of water on the stove. "Alex, I'm sorry-"

"Don't tell me that, Jasmine." Alex cut me off sternly. "Tell that to our son who cried himself to sleep every night, not knowing whether his mother would come back alive or not."

"Alex. Why are you mad all of a sudden?" I crinkled my eyebrows as I put one hand on my hip.

"You know how Tellan talks in his sleep? He was mumbling something about missing you."

Our eyes locked and my heart broke. I didn't know what to do.

"A-Alex." My voice cracked as my hand fell from my hip. "You know why I do what I do."

"I know, I know." Alex moved around the island counter to wrap his arms around my waist. "But for the next... two months, you aren't going to leave for anything."

"Alex-!"

"Now don't back talk, Jasmine." A grin formed on his lips. "I'm sorry for fussing but it makes me upset sometimes."