Chapter 7

"So what's the plan, Capsicle?" Tony asked through the earbuds we all wore to keep in touch.

Steve sighed a little, obviously thinking as he stood against the wall of the jet.

"There's a couple dozen hostages and bombs, so we can't just go in and do what we normally do."

"Let me go in." I said, standing to my feet.

"By yourself? No way, Jazz." Alex shook his head.

"It's too dangerous, love." Harry agreed with him.

"Call it, Cap." Clint said through the earpiece.

"We're going to send in the ones better with negotiating. That includes Barton, Romanoff, Styles, and Jasmine. The rest of us will stay with the police outside until we're able to get a good read on everything from the inside."

•*•*•

When the jet landed, everyone gathered in a cluster with the chief of police. There wasn't an exact location of where the hostages were but there was a bomb on the top floor and on the bottom.

"Go on in, guys." Steve ordered.

Natasha and Clint both nodded before going in to the building.

Harry waited for me. Alex pulled me aside and kissed my lips.

"Be careful. Please." He said. I nodded. "I love you."

"I love you too." I kissed him one more time before going with Harry.

We entered through the same doors that Nat and Clint had, but we went upstairs while they stayed on the ground level.

Harry pulled his gun out, motioning for me to do the same.

I kept mine pointed to the ground as I followed him through the halls. We checked all of the rooms, finding most of them empty.

I walked into one room, going for the back closet. I could hear what sounded like crying. Harry looked to me then nodded to the closet.

"Is there someone in the closet?" Harry asked.

He opened the door while I held my gun up, just in case it was a HYDRA agent.

I saw a pole flying for my head and my reflexes acted quickly. I caught the pole, looking into the closet to see six crammed teens in it.

"Easy, kid." I took the pole from the guy and handed it to Harry, who put it on the counter.

"Who are you?" One of the girls asked. She had smeared make up running down her cheeks as she cried.

"I'm Agent Summers. This is Agent Styles. We're here to help you." I told her.

"Go with Agent Summers. She'll take you out to the police." Harry said. My eyes met his but he looked away quickly, holding his hand out to help the girls out of the closet. There were two boys and four girls total.

"Be careful, Harry." I told him. He nodded and gave me a smile.

I led the group out of the room and down the hallway.

"So what are you? FBI?" One of the guys asked quietly.

"No. SHIELD agent." I kept my eyes and ears alert, listening for any sounds. I threw my arm out and stopped everyone from walking. There was someone around the corner. I could see their shadow. "Run on my mark."

"Why?"

"There's someone waiting for us." I went out and around, ducking a shot to the head and shooting for the agent's chest. He got hit and fell to the floor. Bad guy. He's a bad guy. "Run!" I motioned for them to go to the stairs when I saw more agents coming down the hallway.

The teens ran for the stairs, screaming as more shots rang out. I shot a few times and then ran after them.

I got them to the doors then went to face the agents. I hid down the stairs, waiting for them to turn. As they did, I picked them off one by one.

I had to remind myself they were bad guys and wanting to hurt people. I still had trouble killing people, but that's normal right? Makes me humane.

"Harry? Where are you?" I pressed my earbud as I went up the stairs.

"Found the bomb. It's in the gym." He said. "And there's about forty HYDRA agents here. The hostages aren't here."

"We found them." Natasha spoke. "They're safe, Cap. Send in the rest of the team."

"We're coming in." Steve announced.

•*•*•

I waited to see Alex and the rest of the X-Men and Avengers coming down the hallway. Alex stole a kiss from me before we met up with Natasha and Clint.

"Styles? Where are you?" Steve questioned.

"Right here." Harry said. He had come from the opposite way the team had.

"Where were you?" I asked him. He shook his head. I left it be, but watched as he looked on down the hallway, not making eye contact with me.

"We're gonna bust the doors down and start the party there." Steve said. "Let's move out!"

I was one of the first to go in to the gym. The sounds of gun shots echoed off of the walls, killing my ears.

I ran out of bullets and didn't have time to refill the stupid thing when an agent decided to fight me.

He had his huge rifle and tried to hit me with it. I grabbed it and kicked his jaw, knocking him to the floor.

Alex finished knocking him out by kicking him in the side of the head.

I gave him a smile, his blue eyes shined as he looked at me.

"Love birds." Clint purposefully ran into me as he passed.

I rolled my eyes at him and continued to fight when I caught my footing.

But then someone screamed that the bomb would be going off.

I looked around to see that Harry was gone and most of the HYDRA agents were on the floor.

"Jasmine!" Alex grabbed my arm and began to pull me out of the gym.

"Where's Harry?" I stopped him right outside of the gym doors. "Harry? Agent Styles? Where are you?"

He didn't reply to my message over the earpiece.

"We don't have time, Jasmine." Alex began to pull me again.

Natasha and Clint were just a little ways behind us when we got to the doors.

And that's when everything exploded.

In a moment of panic, Alex wrapped his arms around my body and turned so his back was to the explosion and I was basically protected and shielded by his body.

So yeah. This is the beginning of the drama and pain. I'm sorry.

Anyone seen the CACW trailer? Like can I back out now? Or is it too late- too late? Yeah yeah. I'm screwed.

Vote and Comment!!

<3 Kacey <3