Chapter 5

My first day at Ouran Academy had been... interesting. I was right about all the girls wanting to be friends with me. While I guess I appreciated the kindness because they helped me get around the vast school, it was really irritating to have them always around me wherever I went. Their questions ranged from Tamaki to my old life in France, and I wasn't always sure how to answer them. Not to mention I knew they were only acting like that to get closer to Tamaki.

Speaking of my brother, it had been a bit odd being around him so much, as well. Since we were in the same class, I saw him almost the entire day, and I wasn't sure what to talk to him about. Also, I didn't want to let anything slip that I needed to keep to myself, like our mother or Eric. It was a lot more work than I had expected, and I was beginning to think maybe we had grown a lot more apart than I had originally thought in those two years.

I walked to the abandoned music room after school, but I was surprised not to already hear the chattering and giggling of all the girls. I knew I was a little late since I had to go to the office to get my schedule straightened out, but that only meant that they would all be inside the room. I screwed my lips to the side when I finally arrived at the double doors.

I pushed open the doors slowly, and I saw the lights were off inside. No one was there. I moved inside. Was the club not operating that day? I wasn't sure when it was and wasn't. Asking Tamaki might have been a smart thing to do, but I hadn't the chance before our last class ended.

Sighing, I decided to take a look around while I had the chance since I didn't really the last time. I was more interested in the white grand piano off in the corner, actually. I walked over and ran my hand across the top, smiling. I had yet to find a piano in the mansion, so knowing there was one in the school made things a bit lighter. I played a few simple chords. "It's in tune," I mused. I was going to have to test it further later.

Movement outside the giant window next to the piano caught my attention. I frowned at the sight. Down in the courtyard, there were a bunch of tables set up with treats and tea on them. All the girls I had expected to see were down there with the Host Club. I could see Tamaki, who was running around for some reason, Kyoya, Hikaru, and Kaoru were all dressed as waiters while Haruhi, Mori, and Honey were in traditional kimonos. From how beautiful the cherry blossoms were, I figured it was probably a viewing party or something of the like.

I pouted, "Il aurait pu me dire...." which meant that he could have told me. I took a deep breath and maneuvered around the school again to the courtyard.

When I arrived and started over to the group members, the first thing I saw were the twins swaying back and forth, and Tamaki was crying as he shook Haruhi. Hikaru said, "You don't have to rush things. She's going to be found out soon enough."

"Physical exams are the day after tomorrow," Kaoru continued.

I came up behind them and asked, "Who's going to be found out?"

They jumped around, and I took a bit of enjoyment from seeing them so startled. "Whoa!"

"K-Katashi? Hehe, what are you doing here?" Tamaki rubbed the back of his head nervously.