Epilogue

Ten years later....

"This page seems to be fine," Kyoya spoke after a few minutes of silence. I let out a small breath of relief. Tamaki held my hand a bit tighter underneath the table.

It was intimidating to be completely surrounded by lawyers. Most of them sat on the opposite side of the table, next to my grandmother and father. On Tamaki and I's side, we both had a lawyer, plus Kyoya. While Kyoya wasn't a lawyer, he was an expert with business, and he was the only one we knew that our grandmother couldn't pay off to overlook parts of the deal that might hurt us in the future, even though that greatly irritated our own lawyers.

While I might have once kept my gaze off my grandmother as much as I could, I had no trouble matching her gaze, a glare that sent shivers down my spine in my youth. She was still furious with my father for allowing the whole thing, but for once, she hadn't the power to stop it. It had taken most of my life up to that point, but she didn't have any control over me. Not after this.

Kyoya broke the silence, "And the last page is in order, as well. Katashi, it looks like you're ready to sign." He slid the large stack of papers in front of me. Tamaki had one that looked just like it that had been ready for over an hour, but we decided to sign them together. "You'll both be signing the front and back page only, and don't forget that it's your full name printed and your signature."

I picked up the pen in front of me and clicked it. Tamaki and I looked at each other, and we mirrored the same amazement of being where we were. Then, we turned back to the papers. I pressed the pen's tip on the front line that asked for my printed name and wrote, "Amarante Katashi Richelle Hitachiin". Then, I did my signature. I did the same for the back page, too.

Tamaki and I slid the contracts over to our lawyers at almost the same time. My lawyer said after checking it over, "As Mr. Ootori said, the contract is in order."

Tamaki's added, "Mr. Suoh's is, as well." He stood up, as did mine, and congratulated him, "Mr. Suoh, congrats to your new ownership of your family business." Tamaki shook his hand and thanked him.

"And congratulations to you, Mrs. Hitachiin, for becoming the head of the de Graintaine business. Good luck," my lawyer told me.

I stood and thanked, "Thank you so much." The lawyers left the room, and suddenly, it was only Kyoya, Tamaki, Grandmother, Father, and I left in the large room.

My grandmother looked at my twin and I with much scrutiny for a long time, and we waited for her to say something. I almost thought she would just walk out, but then she told us, "Don't ruin this gift you've been given. Another will not come."

We spoke softly, "Of course, Grandmother." With that, she quietly left the room, and I had the strangest feeling that I would never see her again if she could help it.

With her gone, my father broke out into a smile, "Congrats, you two. You've made me very proud." I never really thought I would hear him say that to me, so I meant it when I thanked him.