Chapter 19

"So, why'd we come to Okinawa?" Hikaru and Kaoru asked. We had just arrived at Okinawa, and we were beginning to set up our things. I had noticed something, though. There were a bunch of the girls from the Host Club with us, and we hadn't discussed that part of the trip. It seemed Kyoya had tricked us into working for the day, which really ruined the idea of relaxing I had.

"Because Kyoya's family has a private beach here," Tamaki answered.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" Honey grinned, jumping up and down in excitement.

"Yeah," Mori agreed.

I spoke up, "I've never been to Okinawa. Actually, I haven't been to much of Japan, but this place is incroyable!" I looked around at the blue ocean crashing into the sand with a huge smile on my face.

The twins said, "But why couldn't we have gone..."

Hikaru continued, "... to the Caribbean?"

"Or even Fiji?" Kaoru added.

"Do you think a commoner like Haruhi has a passport?" Kyoya reminded them. They made a noise of understanding.

"You do realize that I can hear what you're saying, right?" Haruhi frowned.

I sighed, putting my arms around the twins' shoulders, "You two are just being too picky. Local vacations are just as good as international. Honestly, how can you not love this beach?"

They shrugged, smirking, "As long as we get to crush you in volleyball." The twins and I had been talking about the trip a lot. We were excited to play volleyball and swim in the water, especially after telling them I had only been to the beach once as a kid.

"No way! I'm a lot better than you think!" I argued. Also, I had only played that one time at the beach, but I hadn't told them that.

"Whatever you say, Frenchie," Hikaru teased.

"Believe it, Devil!" I countered, which caused the three of us to laugh.

"Hey, sorry I'm late! My flight got delayed," someone called not too far away from us. I looked over and gasped. That... wasn't possible. It couldn't be because I had talked to him just the day before, and he said nothing. Was I really getting heat stroke already? Is that really Eric?

Hikaru whispered, sounding upset, "What's he doing here?"

I stuttered, "Je-Je ne sais pas. He never told me." I ran over and met him halfway. He grinned and gave me a hello kiss. "Eric? What are you doing here? I thought you were still in France!"

Eric revealed, "When you told me about how you promised you'd spend the weekend with the others, I called Kyoya and asked if I could surprise you by coming along." I looked over my shoulder at the person in question.