Chapter 8

It was about two days later when we opened the doors to the Host Club. I felt nervous standing with them to greet the customers, but before we really opened to them, Tamaki pulled me closer to him and said, "Princesses, could we please have your attention before welcoming you in?" Their excited chatter ceased as they stared excitedly at Tamaki. He continued on, "As you all know, Katashi, my twin sister, came to this school not too long ago from France. After completing her training, she is now our very first Hostess!" The girls began clapping and looked shocked by the announcement.

I spoke, "It's a pleasure to be a part of the Host Club. Gentle and loyal, I am the feminine type. That means I'm here to entertain you as well as be someone to come to in a time of need. Everything you say to me is strictly confidential, so don't be afraid." I flashed them a dazzling smile like Tamaki had instructed earlier. "I hope we have a fantastic time, mes chéris!"

Then, we all said, "Welcome!" With that, we officially opened the Host Club. They were having a theme that day, so we were all having to wear kimonos designed by the twins' mother, who I found out was the acclaimed designer Yuzuha Hitachiin. Also, sliding doors were set up for everyone's space, and we had to sit on traditional Japanese zabutons, which were those pillows you sat on.

Surprisingly enough, I did have a few customers. They were three girls named Asako, Choko, and Miki. Asako asked, "So, we're your first customers?"

I grinned, "You are. You'll definitely have a lasting impression on me. Would any of you care for tea?" They all nodded, so I poured it into the three teacups I had set.

As I fixed the tea, Miki wondered, "Your rose color is yellow, isn't it?" I glanced at the bouquet of roses in the center of my table.

"It is. You see, yellow roses stand for friendship, joy, and promises of new beginnings in western culture. Having just moved to a new place, what better rose is there?"

"What about jealousy? Doesn't it mean that in eastern culture?"

I smirked a bit, setting the teapot down, "Well, I am a bit overprotective of the ones I care about it. I simply can't stand the thought of anyone else being with them. I have to feel wanted, or else I get awfully lonely." I sighed and put my elbow on the table, resting my cheek against my hand. "I guess that's the hardest part of coming Japan. I'm so happy I finally get to be with my brother, but I really don't know anyone. I didn't spend much time here when I was growing up."

"We can be your friends!" Choko said immediately.

"Yeah, don't worry about it, Katashi!" Miki chimed in. That was much easier than I thought it would be, I commented silently. I guessed those girls really did believe just about anything we said.

I widened my eyes a bit, "R-Really?" When they all nodded enthusiastically, I said, "You three are so sweet! Thank you. Now, mon chéris, how were all of your days?"

After my time was up with them, we said our goodbyes, and they left. Tamaki almost tackled me with a hug, gushing, "You did so good, Katashi! You've made me so proud! I knew you would be a natural!"