Chapter 10

The next day, I shielded my eyes from the rain coming down as I called, "Tamaki! Where are you?" I had been wandering through the rain for the past ten minutes looking for him, but I just couldn't find him no matter where I went. I was about to give up on my search. How was I supposed to find someone who didn't want to be found?

A spark of hope surged through me when I saw a familiar figure through the rain. "Hikaru!" I exclaimed, running to him.

"Oh, Katashi," Hikaru said, shocked to me out during that weather. He was wearing his basketball uniform, and he looked worried about something.

"Have you seen Tamaki? I can't find him anywhere. It's like he's hiding again," I frowned.

"I just saw him a few minutes ago when I was taking Kaoru to the infirmary," he informed me, pointing in the direction he just came in.

I paused, "Wait, Kaoru was hurt?"

Hikaru nodded, his frown deepening at the memory, "He hurt his knee during our basketball game."

"I'm so sorry, Hikaru," I apologized, putting my hand on his arm.

He smiled, "Thanks, but I'll be fine. What about you? Why are you looking for Tamaki?"

I shrugged, frustrated, "He keeps disappearing on me! I don't understand what's happened to him, and I'm getting worried. He's started to become more isolated, but he's still so protective of me.... I know I've been gone for a while, but how could he turn so dark? Why is he so alone when I'm here now?"

"I have no clue," he told me.

I rolled my eyes, pushing past him, "You're no aide. You probably don't even care." He grabbed my arm, pulling me back to look at him. "Let me go! I need to find him."

Hikaru asked, "What makes you think I don't care?" I was surprised by how much hurt was in his eyes.

I pointed out, "You don't exactly act like it. All you ever do is tease me."

He defended himself, "That's just how I act around you."

"Well, it's giving off the wrong impression. You can't possibly understand how much more stress it adds," I removed myself from his grip, expecting him to leave me be that time. I tried to walk away again, but he hugged me from behind, effectively keeping me in my place that time. He rested his head on my shoulder.

Hikaru revealed, "I don't know how else to act. I... I feel different around you. I know I like you, but I don't want to hurt Kaoru." His grip tightened on me slightly, like he was afraid I would evaporate in thin air. "I don't want to lose either of you."

"Do you really mean that?" I asked, turning my head to look at him. I settled one hand on his arms, and the other rested against my chest.

Keep It Together (OHSHC/Hikaru Love Story)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें