Chapter 20

When Mori came to my room later that evening to tell me dinner was ready, I wasn't exactly thrilled. Still, I was starving, and I didn't have to talk to the others. Ignoring them wouldn't be easy, but hopefully I wouldn't be put in a situation where I was forced to speak. Of course, there was no way for me to have it easy.

When I arrived, much to my despair, there was only one seat left. I sat down slowly, putting my bag on the back of my chair. I was stuck between Hikaru and Eric, and I could still feel the anger emanating from them, and I sat across from Tamaki, who looked like he didn't know what to do since he was also sitting next to Haruhi. We were put in an extremely awkward situation.

Honey tried, "Let's dig in, everyone...." I nodded in agreement, refusing to speak. On the table was a buffet of crabs, but Honey had been kind enough to accommodate for me and gave me a piece of catfish to eat on a bed of rice. I picked up my knife and fork and began to eat. "Haru-chan, these are the crabs we caught. I bet they're delicious!" He and Mori held up a few of the crabs.

Haruhi grabbed a crab leg and easily snapped it open with her hands. Each time she cracked one, it seemed to bother Tamaki. I watched with wide eyes as the shells started piling up. How much could she eat? Haruhi said with her mouth full, "These crabs... taste in-crab-ible. Get it?" I cracked a small smile at the joke, and I saw Hikaru roll his eyes at me on the edge of my peripheral vision.

Tamaki said, "Don't you think you've had enough? Give it a rest." Something didn't feel right. I quietly set down my silverware.

Haruhi reminded him, "Excuse me, I thought you weren't speaking to me."

I placed a hand to my stomach when it began to hurt, and the pain was rapidly increasing. I felt my face warm, and I was sure it was reddening. "You trying to be cute?" Tamaki glared. She gave him a side-glance in response. He slammed his napkin on the table and stood up. "Okay, fine, I get it. It seems you refuse to admit that you were wrong." He put his hands in his pockets and started walking off. "See if I care, then. I'm going to bed. Kyoya, would you show me to my room, please?"

Kyoya stood up as well, "No problem. Well, excuse me, everyone." An intense wave of nausea hit me.

I asked, making the two stop moving, "Honey, did you cook my fish along with the shellfish?"

"Yeah, why?" Honey wondered. Cross contamination? My eyes widened, and I immediately got my bag and started sifting through it.

Tamaki gasped, "Wait, with the shellfish?"

Hikaru spoke up, "What's the big deal? She can eat it even if she doesn't like it. She's just being picky."

Eric told him, "She's allergic to shellfish!"

"What?"

By the time I found my allergy pills, another wave of nausea washed over me. It was too late. I demanded, "Where's the nearest bathroom?"