Chapter 27

I finished curling Haruhi's pigtails and grinned, "I'm done! Aw, you look adorable!" She was wearing pink earrings, a blue and pink dress, and hair extensions that were surprisingly easy to manipulate.

She looked down at the dress, pinching the fabric between her fingertips, "I don't know. Are you sure?"

"You look great, Haruhi. Either way, it was left at your door, so someone wanted you to wear it for your date," I shrugged. I had helped Haruhi get ready for her date with Kaoru, but I hadn't seen the twins all day. Or since Kaoru pretended to be Hikaru, actually. I was beginning to wonder about how Hikaru was doing.

Haruhi glanced over at the clock and said, "I guess I better get going. Will you walk me out?" I nodded, so we both went downstairs where the other Hosts were waiting. The two had agreed to meet somewhere in Karuizawa, but I was surprised Hikaru wasn't there to see them off. After Tamaki gushed over her for a good ten minutes, we finally waved her goodbye and told her to have fun.

I didn't stick around for long. I went into the dining area, which only had a few people in it. I sat down and took my phone out of my pocket, placing it on the table. I sighed, staring at it. It hadn't been turned on since I had that fight with Eric, and I really didn't want to see all the missed voicemails and text messages. To be honest, I still didn't want to talk to him! He deserved the silent treatment! Still, I knew I couldn't ignore him forever. I would have to speak to him sooner or later.

"You look upset," a voice I knew very well said as the chair across from me scraped against the floor. I looked up and saw the twin that had been missing for about a day, sitting down in the chair. He looked a bit nervous about something, but I figured he wasn't sure how I'd act considering his outburst the other day.

"Oh, it's just-" I cut myself off. Kaoru said not to mention Eric. "I'm just tired. I haven't gotten used to the cottage, yet. How about you? Are you alright?" I tried not to sound as concerned as I felt.

"I've just had a lot on my mind lately. Sorry you had to see me like that yesterday," he apologized sheepishly.

"It's fine. We all have bad days," I assured him. I smiled. "I'm glad there was nothing seriously wrong."

He returned the smile, but then he started blushing and looked away from me. "So, are you going with the others? I think they're spying on Kaoru and Haruhi's date or something."

"Oh, you have to be kidding," I groaned, rubbing my eyes. "Well, it is Tamaki, I guess. No, I didn't even know about it. I didn't stay long after Haruhi left. Why? Are you?"

"No, I'd feel wrong about it," he answered. "They're supposed to all be gone the whole day, though. It's gonna be boring."

I laughed, "You have an entire town. I bet you'll find something to do."

"Yeah, well... I haven't actually been here before, and you haven't either, right? And we're both kinda stuck here. So.... Voulez... sertir... avec moi?" he blushed. I cocked my head at him.