2.) Spiritual Ascend

So this chapter's dedicated to freakyme16(hey friend!!) for doing the second voice I always hoped she would be. Thank you!! ;)

Okay so this is the second chapter......it doesn't have that much action in it but I hope you like it ....

Enjoy!!!

============================================================================

Chapter two:

It was a few minutes after the third bell had rang and I still hadn't made it to my locker due to the busy students who were chatting on the corridors and at the same time blocking my way. Always chatting about nonsense things such as fashion and boys and more fashion! I mean, when are they going to stop?

After getting my books, I quickly ran towards the biology lab, hitting people here and there and receiving angry grunts from all of them. As I turned the final corner, I slowed down so that I wouldn't get caught. This time the hallway was different. Different kinds of dead insects were hanged on the space between the lockers. It was a bit gross. I kind of felt sorry for them as they had such a painful death. I didn't even want to think of how hard they pushed the pins through their fragile wings and legs.

Since I was too busy looking at the insects, I hadn't notice the person who went out the next door I passed. I bumped into a muscled body and went sprawling on him at the same time causing my books to fall.

"Ow!" I said as my elbow hit the floor. But then I saw the person underneath me; it was Nathan Gray. My contact with him sent a spark of electricity up my whole body. I quickly got up and pulled him along with me, muttering "Sorry. Wasn't looking."

"It's okay," He said, looking quite shocked with a hint of amusement. I have to admit, he did look cute with his blue eyes and his dark hair. "I was the one running out the classroom not you."

He bent down and began picking my things up. I bent down to help him but he was done. When he passed them to me, our hands innocently touched sending a tiny shock of electricity up my arm. He gave me a crooked smile and said, "See you later, Leah."

"Yeah," I muttered back. "See you."

Once Nate was gone, I quickly ran towards the biology lab. I was lucky the teacher hadn't arrived yet. I sat beside Tori and began trying to calm my beating heart down. Not because of the Nathan thing but because of the running.

Tori noticed the raggedness of my breathing so she asked, "What happened, Leah?"

I shook my head. "Nothing,"

"It doesn't look like 'nothing' to me."

"I just ran from my locker to here, nothing special."

"Oh really?" Tori said with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes!" I said indignantly. "Why don't you believe me?"

"Because I see more things than you'll ever believe or know," Wow. That was weird...and mysterious.

"What's with all the riddles, Tor?" I complained to her jokingly.

"You'll see..." She trailed off, making everything around her more mysterious than ever.

Just then, the teacher arrived and the introductions began again. I just watched and listened to Mr. Snee-or-something--I don't know how to say much less spell his name--drone on and on about how the lessons now would be way more interesting than last year. This whole day was going to be torture.

(Victor's POV)

Ugh. School. Another building that is meant to be prison. But the up side was I get to be with Tori and Leah, my best friends. The down side was, they are mostly in separate classes from me.