4.) Spiritual Ascend

The song at the side is Lighters by Bruno Mars and Eminem. LOVE IT!! ^^

Well, here is the fourth chapter....hope you guys like it....please don't forget to COMMENT and VOTE and FAN!!!

Don't forget to...

Enjoy!

===========================================================================

Chapter four:

I had my eyes closed but I knew I was in a very noisy crowd. There were people cheering from either side of me and I heard the cheerleaders shouting from the field below. Then I heard the shrill sound of a whistle being blown then the cheering, the shouting and the applause got louder.

I opened my eyes and saw I was in the middle of a football game. No wonder it was so loud. I barely heard myself when I laughed. I dislodged myself from the crowd and decided to head back to the main building which was our school.

Once inside, I began walking peacefully in the silence of the hallways. Every now and then, I would hear the cheering of the crowd outside but that didn’t really matter.

I tuned a corner and found myself walking down the science hallway. Just when I was about to enter the first classroom—out of curiosity—I heard a set of footsteps coming my way followed by more.

I began to panic. Crap. I wasn’t supposed to be here. I decided to run for it but it was too late.

A person ran past me, not even giving me a second glance so I didn’t get the chance to see his face. When he was about to turn at the end of the hallway, he stopped and froze then slowly beganbacking the way he came from.

He abruptly turned and I saw his face; it was Nate—again. Why am I always seeing him? He had this wild look in his eyes, his hair was matted with sweat, and his breathing was hard.

He was about to run again but then two figures with masks on appeared. Down the end, two more appeared. Nate was trapped. I needed to help him since he was just a few feet away from me and he needed help.

“What do you want from me?” he asked in a fearless voice but I knew that was just an act because I saw the look in his eyes just a few seconds ago.

“We’re here for your girl,” the first male on the left said. “You need to break up with her.”

“Like hell I would!”

“We gave you the easiest choice, Nate,” My eyes widened at the girl who spoke next. She held her body the way a leader held his. “Do you want her to feel like this?”

In the next few moments, the hall was filled with screams of agony. I yelled at them to stop—even though I didn’t understand the situation—but they still didn’t listen! I tried to move to Nate’s side but I was blocked again by an invisible wall. I pounded at the resisting force but it didn’t give way.

The screams continued for a few more seconds before whoever started it stopped. I screamed out profanities at them but they still ignored me. It made me sick that they were torturing Nate. A tear came out of my eyes. This was just too much.

The torture left Nate breathing heavily on the floor. He had an agonized look in his face and it made me thrash in anger. He was innocent! I knew that kind of torture wasn’t the ordinary kind, this was something much worst. For some reason, this scene seemed a lot more terrifying than the dream last night.

The same girl spoke in that cold voice. “You will do as we ask of you or you will see her suffer the same way you just did but only a thousand times worst. You will tell her that your ‘so-called love’ was all a lie. That you just did this to get over some girl you dated a few months ago. Is that clear?

He didn’t answer. Instead, he tried to stand and face her but she didn’t let him. The silence erupted into more screams of agony. Nate fell back to the ground, writhing. The mysterious girl moved closer and pulled his head up with the use of his hair. I winced as he tried to resist. It was so painful to watch him be tortured and yet I stood there just watching him, not even screaming curses at the masked figures.

“I said, is that clear?!” she shouted into his face.

“I would rather die than say those things to her!” he said angrily.

“That’s not the answer I was expecting. You really do want things to be complicated, don’t you? Very well then,” she looked up at the two figures at the opposite side of her. She nodded at one of them. The bigger one—which I knew I was a boy—came forward, bringing out a flask with purple liquid in it. He gave it to her, already opened. She poured the contents into Nate’s mouth and said with an evil chuckle, “This will help you follow what we say. Goodnight, Nate.” Then she slammed his head on the floor, just hard enough for him to get knocked out.

“Shit!” I cursed as I woke up from the dream. God, it was just a dream? So why the hell did it feel like reality? I was breathing really hard through my mouth. That dream scared the creeps out of me. It was just so…unbearable.

I groaned and looked at the clock beside me. Holy cow! It was still four thirty? Whoa…that was a surprise. I pulled the covers up above me and willed myself to sleep. But every time I close my eyes, the dream—in full detail—would replay behind my lids.

So I decided to stay up and just watch the stars and moon. It was beautiful. Everything seemed much more mysterious under the light of the moon. The night sky has such a beautiful scene but too bad we can’t fully appreciate it due to all the light pollution.

It was only when the first rays of the morning sun shone that I felt my eyelids droop. By the time I reached my bed, I was already asleep. I drifted into a dreamless sleep.

A few minutes or so later—was it really just a few minutes?—I heard Amy shout outside my door.

“Leah!”

I groaned a protest. I was still sleepy, can’t she see that? Then I heard the door burst open. I had to remember to always lock it.

“Leah!” Amy shouted in my ear. I winced and was about to go back to sleep when she pushed me off the bed.

“Argh!” I groaned as my head connected with my bedside drawer. Shucks! That freakin’ hurt! “Amy! Once I recover, you are so going down!” I shouted at her. I heard retreating footsteps as she knew I wasn’t kidding. Good of her to know.

I pushed myself off the floor and went to get my toiletries since I knew sleep was already out of the question.

==============================================================================

Anyways, VOTE and COMMENT people... xD.....oh and FAN!!!