5.) Spiritual Ascend

This story is dedicated to PeguinGirl101 for being my first friend here on Wattpad. Thanks, by the way. ^^

Hey guys ! Here's chapter 5....i think this chappie's a bit longer than the rest and that's why my fingers are aching at the moment. Anyways...

ENJOY!

================================================================================

Chapter Five:

"Ugh! When is this day going to end?" I whined at Victor. We were waiting for Tori, in the hallway, beside my locker, just before sixth period, which was Advanced Placement English.

“In four hours and thirty seconds,” he said, looking down at his silver watch. “Countdown begins now: Thirty…twenty-nine…twenty-eight…tick-tock-tick-tock.”

I giggled at his weirdness and leaned back on the lockers. I felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket. I pulled it out and glanced at the sender. It was from Tori.

‘Sori. Cant b there. Mr. H wants me 2 help him wid something. Meet you at his classroom.’

I sent back that we were okay. I then turned to Victor and said, “She’s ahead of us. Lets get moving.”

He nodded and we began making our way to the sixth period classroom. It took us five minutes to reach it though, but it would have been longer if Victor hadn’t been shoving kids here and there. I know it isn't nice but hey, we have classes to attend to.

When we reached the classroom, Mr. Harrington--Mr. H--was already talking and his face showed excitement. The thirty-year old teacher was wearing a brown blazer that looked really worn out after all the years of teaching. He had this twinkle in his smart blue eyes, which instantly told me he was planning something.

Mr. H nodded at us and we went straight to the two remaining seats in the classroom. I got the one beside Tori while Victor took the empty one at the back. I didn’t bother to look who he was seating with because it didn’t matter.

Mr. H began taking again and this time I listened.

“Now, kids. As I have said, we are going to have a role-play on the two books I have assigned you to read. Romeo and Juliet and Pride and Prejudice. I am going to pair you off with a partner and both of you should work together to bring together a wonderful show.”

“What does the winner get?” Sandra Lenner, captain of Riverdale’s cheerleaders, asked.

“An exemption on the first quiz we have.” The class started murmuring in approval. Getting perfect in a quiz can score big points in the grade.

“Okay,” Mr. H said with a small smile. “Lets have it like this. First group will perform Romeo and Juliet on Thursday while the rest will perform the second book on Friday. Listen very carefully as I will only say your names once.”

I bounced on my seat in anticipation. Please let mine be Victor. Please let mine be Victor. It's not like I like him or anything, it's just he is the most comfortable guy I can be with. I'm not really that big on talking to other people.

“Fletcher…Jones.” A gasped escaped Tori’s lips.

“Oh, God.” she whispered. That means Victor's out. Dang.

Mr. H continued. “Sparks…Gray.”

Now the gasps from everyone were audible. I felt the whole class staring at me and I sank lower in my seat. My eyes bulged and I felt my stomach roll. Did it seriously have to be him? Of all the boys in this class, did it really have to be him?