18.) Spiritual Ascend

Dedicated to my new friend here on Wattpad...(drum roll please)....Dizzie6185!!!!

Banner made by PrettiestLittleLiar (check her out xD) ------------------>

AND Hi! I updated again ^__^

ENJOY!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Eighteen:

            ‘Tori!’ I called through the mind link. Where was that girl?

            Finally, she came on. ‘What is it, Lee?’

            ‘I have a huge problem…’

            ‘About?

            ‘The dance.’

            ‘I thought you weren’t going.’

            ‘Nate just asked me yesterday.’

            There was silence for a moment. I think she was still processing what I said about—

            ‘Oh, my GOOODD!!! Tell me what happened. TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED NOOOWWW!!’ Tori all but screamed in my mind, causing me to fall of the couch, clutching my head. Amy gave me this weird look.

            “You’re so weird, Leah,” Amy said before disappearing into the kitchen. She was absent today because her tummy was hurting like mad—she was on her period as well. “I sometimes wonder how I’m related to you.”

            “Even though I’m weird, I know you still love me,” I stuck my tongue out at her as she looked back with a horrified expression but I knew she was just joking. I got back on the couch and shook my head at her as I gathered myself together before answering Tori, ‘Well, do you remember the meadow we found last summer?’

            ‘He took you there?! But how did he know about it? I thought only Jake, Victor, you and I knew about it? Wait…did you take him there?’

            My head was throbbing at all the questions she was asking. ‘Um, Tor….too many questions…’

            ‘Oops.’ I could imagine doing her sheepish smile.

            Tori and I didn’t want to go to the football game today because we weren’t really up for those. Victor, on the other hand, kept pushing us to come with him and enjoy the Riverdale Knights beating the other school. But we refused…well, I refused and Tori said she didn’t want me to be all alone.

            ‘So, what did happen?’ She asked, inquisitively.

            ‘Well, Nate found this little meadow—much bigger than ours by a few meters—and it had a pond. There, he asked me….I think that was the purpose of him bringing me there, where no human ears can hear us.’ I finished with a deep breath.

            “Well then we better get you a dress…quick!’ Tori said, practically excited for another shopping spree. ‘Be ready in five minutes.’

            “There’s no more hope, Tor,” I said, giving up as I sat on the chair of the last dress store. “It’s over. All the dresses here….suck. None of them fit me right. Maybe I wasn’t supposed to be going to the dance from the very start.”