16.) Spiritual Ascend

3 Idiots video at the side (Luv that Movie :P) ------------------------>

<-------------------------- VOTE PEOPLE !!! :D

ENJOY!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter sixteen:

(Leah's POV)

"Cheese is better than salt. Everyone knows that, Nate."

"No, salt is much better. Try it," Nate picked up one of his popcorn and held it in front of my mouth. I rolled my eyes before picking the piece put of his hand and popping it into my mouth.

I grimaced before shaking my head. "Ack, I'm not really accustomed to the taste. It's too plain."

He rolled his eyes and then focused on something in the distance before coming back to look at me. "Don't look now but I can see some of your friends and my cousin staring at us."

"What? Where?" I said, while turning my head. Gosh, if they saw me and Nate together, they would forever tease me and force the truth out of me though there was nothing happening between us. And if they saw Nate holding the popcorn out for me to eat, that would mean major interrogation sessions.

"I said don't look!" Nate said, jabbing me in the waist. I giggled. Shit, he now knows my weakness. "Aha, now I know how to keep you stable."

Then he became wiggling his hands all over my waist. I laughed and tried to get away from him but it was useless; he had me where he wanted me to be.

"Stop stop stop." I choked out in between laughter. He complied ad brought me back to stand beside him. But I couldn't resist nudging him back-hard...just a little payback.

By now we had reached the pretty usherette who was getting the tickets. She must be just a few years older than us because she still had that perkiness that our high school girls did.

She scowled at me then smiled flirtatiously at Nate as he gave her the tickets. I felt sick in my stomach that someone like her would want to hit on someone so young. Gross if you ask me. Then she beamed another flirty smile at Nate, adding a wink at the end.

But Nate wasn't paying any attention to her because he was facing me. What was he thinking? I subconsciously ate a piece of my popcorn while having this sudden fascination for the girl with the cool shirt in front of me. Why was he still looking at me?

"You got cheese on your cheek, Lee." He chuckled. I rubbed my right cheek with the back of my right hand.

"Did I get it?" I asked, rubbing it some more just in case.

"Ah,no. Here let me." He stroked my left cheek with his thumb just like in all those cliché movies that I watched. His hand lingered there for a few more seconds before he let it drop. "There, it's gone."

"Um, thanks." Talk about awkward. But then it's going to be only awkward if I make it awkward. "So do you know anything about the movie we're gonna be watching?"

"I don't know. But it's better than the other movies that are showing." I nodded at that. I hoped this movie was worth it.

We walked into the semi-dark theatre. We decided for seats at the top and in the middle because we had a better view that way. I heard some shuffling behind us but I did not give it a second thought until...

"Boo!" Tori shouted in my ear, touching my shoulder and scaring the crap out of me.

"Shit!" I cursed. She burst out laughing at my expression. She shouldn't be scaring people without warning! Especially somewhere dark. "Tori, do not ever do that again!"