9.) Spiritual Ascend

ENJOY!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter nine:

“I can see that you girls are still a bit overwhelmed,” Faye kindly said to us. “Why don’t you rest in here for a while? We will just be waiting out here once you are ready to accept who you are. We won’t force you into anything and you are free to leave anytime.”

Tori, Elaine, Julie, Sophie and I moved inside a big tent that was conjured by the Spirits. It was complete with big fluffy cushions, a fridge, a cupboard, and a frozen yogurt machine. We sat on the cushions and began processing the information the Spirits had unloaded on us while munching on some chips and eating some yogurt.

I still can’t get over the fact that we humans aren’t the only things on Earth. It’s like all those fairytale stories you’ve read came true over night.

Okay…so that I can get this processing thing done, I should start from the beginning.

Rose, and is the Spirit of Love, chose Tori—I knew that already. Megan, the only blonde and the Spirit of Truth, chose Elaine. Faye was the Spirit of Faith and she chose Julie. And last but not the least was Lily, the Spirit of Hope, who had chosen Sophie. They were all sisters but Faye and Lily were twins.

Then to the abilities; Tori could read auras, Elaine’s eyes could change colors when she hears someone lie, Julie could steal energies while Sophie could give them back. Well, it only seemed fit since Julie and Sophie were the best of friends.

Then we arrived at the subject of the enemies: the Evil Ones.  The Evil Ones were Spirits who used their powers only for their own purposes. They were powerful, evil and cunning and they, too, had warriors known as the Cursed.

They always had battles with the Spirits. But then Megan broke it to us that we had to fight the Cursed and the Evil Ones in order to retain peace here in northern California. 

That was a lot of weight to be dropped on a sixteen-year old’s shoulders. I couldn’t believe the load of information.

But to make matters more surprising, Rose was the one to tell us the sad—and very disappointing in my ears—news of my Spirit being killed in action. She said that five years ago, they had a great battle with the Evil Ones. The Blessed and the Spirits fought bravely but many were lost—including mine: the Spirit of the Future. And they said, with her last breath, the Spirit of the Future sent out her last blessing to her last warrior…which was me.

Rose also said I was a moon reader. I could see the future in my dreams but not all the time though. When that came out, I almost fainted. That totally explains why I have such weird dreams…but then, something hit my mind. How was I supposed to know if it was the future or just one of my imaginations? God, I forgot to ask Rose that.

Talk about too much pressure! The Spirits looked at me like I knew what I was doing—which I didn’t. How could I live up to their expectations of being a warrior of the Spirit of the Future when I don’t have any freaking clue?

But to top it all off with the excitement and the surprise, Rose gave us a little gift she like to call ‘mind link’. I had to laugh at that. She gave us each a silver bracelet with four charms on. The charms had the first letter of our names so that we could choose on who we wanted to talk to by just turning them on or off with just a touch. Silver meant the mind link was open and black meant it was close—that is if we wanted privacy. The bracelets were really beautiful…not to mention handy as well.