22.) Spiritual Ascend

Chapter Twenty-Two:

(Tori’s POV)

                “Who is this ‘Jonathan Renswald’?” I asked, furrowing my brows. I haven’t heard the name before. In fact, all the girls in my group never heard it based on their puzzled expressions. The boys on the other hand are a different story; they all got shocked expressions. “And what has it got to do with Leah?”

                “Renswald was the Crystal Princess’s right hand man. He was the second most powerful wizard of the Crystal Isles.” Mark explained Renswald’s background briefly. “And, it’s possible he and the Princess married here on Earth and became the great great great great great—I don’t know how many greats there are—grandfather of your friend, Leah Sparks.”

                “What? No offense but I didn’t get a single word you said.” I bit my lip. Mark opened his mouth again to explain father but I cut him off. “No, I understood every word, okay? But what I’m trying to say is…what’s being the descendant of some wizard dude got to do with—” I stopped. Powerful wizard dude being the great great great—ah, whatever—grandfather of Leah…made her a witch! “—oh, never mind…I get it.”

                Nate made a little ‘finally!’ gesture. I shot him glare.

                “Yes, Leah is a witch but she doesn’t know it yet,” Mark said. “It is crucial that she finds out on her own because if we tell her when she wakes up, she might freak out and break her destiny.”

                “Whaaa?” We girls asked, exasperatedly. This whole magic crap was seriously giving me a headache. No one can explain properly all the freaking time!

                The boys chuckled quietly.                                                     

                “Seriously,” Elaine said, “Can you please start from the very beginning? Everything’s starting to confuse me. First we’re talking about this John Renswald then we’re talking about Leah then we’re moving into destiny and fate! It’s giving my head a freaking migraine!” She snapped the last part before rubbing her head.

                Mark nodded. He floated towards the closet door and opened it. All of a sudden, the boys stood up and walked towards it. We girls just looked at them like they were nutcases. They turned (in perfect synchronization, may I add) and looked at us expectantly.

                “Okay, what has a closet have anything to do with all of this Crystal Isles and magic mojo?” Julie asked.

                “You’ll see.” Michael replied.

                “So we’re going to cram four people in the closet at a time?” I asked, skeptically. Mark nodded. He made Victor get in first followed by Nate, me and Elaine. Nate closed the door and then we were surrounded in complete darkness. It was a tight squeeze but we managed. I couldn’t resist teasing Victor. “Wow, Vic. You’ve grown fatter. I can barely fit in this closet with you taking up all the space.”

                The others laughed. Victor said nothing until light flooded the room from that ring of his (that ring with the V on it). He pressed it to the wall in front of him. “Well, you’ll want this big body near you when you fall.”

                I scrunched up my nose. “No thanks. I’m fine—AH!” The floor beneath us opened like a trapdoor and then we were free falling in a straight glass-like tube thing. I screamed at his smirking face, no doubt finding my reaction funny. “If I die, Victor, I’m so killing you in the afterlife!”