21.) Spiritual Ascend

Chapter Twenty-One:

(Nate's POV)

                I smiled uneasily at Tori. She didn't return it and just kept tapping her foot. I chuckled under her accusing stare. "So," I began. "There's no way of me getting out, hey?"

               "Nope, not a chance, cuz."

                I looked at Victor who was also shrinking behind me. "Help me?"

                Tori stepped forward. God, I hate it when she becomes all intimidating-like. Yet, I can't help but get subdued under her eyes. "Don't even think of asking for help, Nate. I'm talking to you so you gotta answer me."

                I sighed. Nope, no way out at all. "I know, Tor, okay? I lied to you. I hid things from you." I looked up as I just realized something. "But, you did, too. You've got your freaking girls who are Warriors just like us! Why didn't you say anything sooner?"

                "Well, why didn't you say anything as well?" She screamed back at me. "So this is where you disappear to every afternoon since your sixteenth birthday. Your mom and my mom thought you were part of a freaking gang."

                "Technically, he is." Victor piped up.

                "Shut up, Victor! You’re next and you know it so run, boy, you better run!" She narrowed her eyes as she shouted at him, making Victor look at his shoes. A small chuckle came out of my lips but that was a mistake. Her attention came back to me. "Oh don't even think you're out of this mess, Nate. You are right smack in the middle of it all! What do you think Leah would say when she found out you're just like us and never said anything? She'd be freaking out. We all are!"

                Tori continued her little rant of Leah, me lying, Victor lying, how we freaking knew where they were at the time of the demon fight, and back all over again. I tuned her out because my mind was drifting towards the girl in the lounge that was badly injured.

                I am so going to find those damned people who let those demons out.

                Finally, Tori stopped talking. She took a deep breath and asked one more question. "Do you guys know the Evil Ones?"

                All our heads perked up. Evil Ones? They're here? "Yeah," Simon answered. "Why?"

                "I think they are the ones who let those demons go." Elaine answered. Suddenly, I had Leah's sword pressed up my jaw and it was Elaine doing it. From the corner of my eyes, I saw the others with weapons held out in front of them as well. "You guys aren't them, right? Because if you are, I swear to God I will kill you!"

                My anger boiled, but the sword pressing up chin had placed me in a situation. I wanted to fight back but it would look bad on our part and would just confirm their stupid suspicions.

                'Do we fight them?' Victor asked in my head after turning on the mind link. Julie was holding an arrow aimed straight to his brain so it was a bit hard for him to do it discreetly. The others looked at me.

                'No because as you can see, we aren't in a position for fighting. And besides, they are our partners! Would you fight Tori, Victor?' I asked back.

                'No, I wouldn't. I would never.'

                'There's your answer, man.' I leaned back because Leah's sword began to break skin. 'So can someone please tell Elaine we aren't them? I don't think she trusts me.'

                "We aren't them, Elaine," Simon said, playing the whole partner card by looking deep into her eyes. "I swear to the Great Father and Mother we aren't them. You’ve got to trust me. I promise we'll explain everything to you girls...but lower down your weapons first."

                The girls glanced at each other. Elaine raised her brows before lowering down Lee's sword. "I guess we can trust you."

                Minutes later, we were all sitting on a blanket Michael got. It was for the dusty floor, you see, because we were hiding in an abandoned house and lot. The Spirits claimed this land because no one wanted to buy it from those real estate agents. They dressed themselves up as brothers of a family and did their magic and bada bing bada boom…we got the lot and house.

                In the past few months, when I first became a Warrior, this was the place where I escaped to, where I trained with my friends. This was my place when I didn’t want to go to my piano and swimming lessons. This was the place where I trained in hopes of joining the rebels in the Crystal Isles—a parallel world where all supernatural creatures are at their strongest form.

                Mark mentioned it to us once or twice in the past few months. He didn’t elaborate though, saying “We were not ready for it.” So, all I know is that the Evil Ones are working for the leaders there and we were on the rebelling side. Something was needed. That much I could tell when my Spirit made that face every time I ask him about the Crystal Isles.

                “How long have you guys been a part of this?” Julie asked. She seemed like the calmest of the four. Then again…she had the long range weapon. “You guys never showed anything that you were part of this.”

                “I guess we were just too good.” Michael smirked. “Well, Nate was blessed first, followed by Simon, then me, then Victor, then Cody. So we were here on different times but Nate’s been here the longest. Five months next Wednesday.”

                “Now I know why,” Tori said, looking at me. “When it was your birthday last May, I heard a crash in your bedroom and then, all of a sudden, a bright light came out of the cracks. I tried opening it but it wouldn’t budge and when I shouted for my mom and your mom, you came out. The last thing you said was ‘shit’ and then you passed out.”

                I chuckled. “Yeah I remember that. Don't blame me. I just witnessed something that was totally life changing. I mean, being a Warrior is good, yeah, but when you're still normal and then this happens to you, you'll faint obviously."

                They all nodded in agreement. Well, at least they didn’t think I was weak. Maybe they all fainted as well.

                “What I don’t understand is why we haven’t met each other earlier,” Elaine said. “I mean, the more the merrier, right? And if we all get together, then we could protect everyone from the Evil Ones. Then that gives me another question…why are the Evil Ones here?”

                She’s right. Why are they here?

                Then Mark appeared before us with the calmest expression I have ever seen him wear. ‘The calm before the storm,’ Cody said quietly in my mind. ‘He found something out.’

                Mark turned to the girls and answered Elaine’s question in a quiet voice. “They have found Jonathan Renswald’s descendant.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mwahahahaha!!! I'm so excited!! I just found another twist!!

I'm sorry it took this late for me to post! I really am sorry...I've been quite busy finishing "He Came Back"...I hope you guys havent lost interest yet in this story....I'm still in the middle of the plot line I have now ^___^

VOTE COMMENT yatta yatta yatta...YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO!!! ENJOY!!! off to write the next chapter ^__^