11.) Spiritual Ascend

Here's chapter eleven guys !!! :)) And this is dedicated to KaminaStone for all the support from Chapter One :D ..... 

Please read the Author's Note at the end.

Enjoy!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter eleven:

“Yes!” Tori exclaimed as she jumped over a knotted trunk that was sticking out of the ground. “We’re finally gonna get our weapons today! Finally!”

“Shh,” Julie chided her softly. “Someone might hear you, dummy, and then our secret’s out.”

“Oops,” she gave a sheepish smile but then she straightened up and continued walking. “But I can’t help it! Aren’t you guys excited and happy that we’re finally gonna getting them?”

Elaine, Julie, Sophie and I nodded our heads. We were now on our way to the training camp. It was already Sunday and the long wait for getting our weapons was over.

Thursday and Friday afternoon trainings passed in a blur. Saturday was much more exciting. It was time to scale the rocky wall and guess, from the five of us, who got to top first.

It was Sophie.

Don’t worry; I wasn’t the only one surprised. She didn’t look that athletic but she got to top first anyway. She was already halfway there when we were just a few feet off the ground. She was really fast. And the other thing was, she did it without any gear—okay, all of us didn’t use gear as well but we didn’t need it since the Spirits were there along with a big cushion (and I do mean BIG) at the base of the wall.

They told us if we lose our grip on one of the rocks, they would catch us. And they did, in a very unique fashion.

Elaine lost her grip of one of the rocks near the top. Her foot slipped and her hand wasn’t able to get a hold on one of the upper rocks. We all shouted as she fell. And the other thing that happened as she fell was that she want heading for the big cushion; she was heading straight for the ground.

But when her head was inches away from getting smashed, a soft silver light engulfed her and she stopped. We instantly knew it was the Spirits.

Their eyes glowed like the time when they gave us the boost. Their arms were raised and were all pointing at Elaine. It was so cool if it wasn’t that horrifying on Elaine’s life.

They righted her and the next thing that came out of Elaine’s mouth was, “That was amazing! Let’s do it again!”

And that boost really helped us. We didn’t need the rope to climb that stupid hill anymore since we noticed that we could walk more freely with shorts on and we didn’t have to worry about the scrapes we received as we trudged through the forest.

We arrived in front of the big marble columns and went straight in. Everything was in place and ready to be used for training.

The Spirits were waiting for us in the middle, near the big white tent. We headed straight for it and formed our line in front of them.

“Hello, girls,” Rose gave us a warmed smile. “You’re early today. Anything on your minds that’s making you feel so excited?”

“Oh, Rose,” Faye said as she rolled her brown eyes. “Quit keeping the girls stuck in that position. They’ve practically been waiting for two whole days to receive their weapons. Let’s give it to them, now.”