14.) Spiritual Ascend

ENJOY!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Fourteen:

It’s been three days since Heather came to us in the clearing and three days since we received our weapons. And ever since then, training has become a bit more stressing because we were preparing for the battles that were sure as hell to come.

It must suck for Heather, being there in the clearing for three whole days with nothing better to do. But then again, her powers must be entertaining her every now and then. Damn, she’s one lucky witch.

There were no classes today in preparation for the football game tomorrow and the homecoming dance on Friday. I can’t believe the school gave everyone a day off when it was supposedly for the players only. Principal Winston was really an awesome one. He gives lollipops to the kids who enter his office. Weird, right?

And apparently, JETS—see how cleverly I mashed the first letter of their names together?—got dates for the dance. And no one asked me so obviously I would be left at home, all alone.

The girls were getting their dresses today and they invited me to come with. I just refused. To tell you the truth, shopping was never one of my best interests and I had no need of a dress anyway.

My parents had gone out to work and Amy was in middle-school. So I was left all alone here at home. Mom and dad allowed me to go to the mall in the afternoon, in case I got bored at home. They even left some pocket money. Sweet! Too bad I wasn’t going anytime soon.

I lay on my bed at twelve, listening to 2NE1’s Lonely that was playing from my IPod. How ironic right? Very cool IPod, very cool. Note the sarcasm.

I decided try and learn this song on the guitar since I didn’t have anything else better to do. I thoroughly bored surfing the net and I was also very bored rereading all my novels here so why not learn a new song on the guitar? It’s the best option right now.

After an hour and a half, I was able to master the song until the bridge. The plucking part was so difficult! But the song was still awesome even though it’s in another language.

I was playing the chorus, singing softly, when I heard knocking on the door.

Ugh. Did that person really have to disturb my personal time with my guitar?

I gently laid my guitar on my bed and made my way downstairs. I opened the door to yell at the person who dared disturb my moment and stopped. I gulped down my shout and had to blink twice just so I wasn’t imagining things. I looked away from Nate’s beautiful greenish-blue eyes. It was embarrassing enough I had my bed-head on together with my pajamas but to let him see me, now that’s a different story. What was he doing here anyways?

My question was answered a second later. “Hey, Leah, do you wanna hang out?”

Why would someone like him want to be with someone like me? He doesn’t care about his reputation or something? Eh, oh well.

“Ah, sure,” I said slowly, still in shock. “Let me just go get ready.”

Fifteen minutes later, I was out of my shower and in my outfit: black skinny jeans, a black and white striped shirt, and my checkered sneakers of the same colors. I definitely looked like a zebra—that I’m sure off.

I bounded down the stairs to see Nate lounging on one of the couches. He looked up and gave me an appreciative look. “Like your outfit, Lee. With that, you could be a pedestrian lane.”