3.) Spiritual Ascend

PEOPLE in the HAUS!!! hahahaha.....anyways here is another chapter for all the people reading at the moment and for those who are going to be reading later... xD

This chapter is dedicated to Spongebob98 who is my best friend. She was the very first one to comment on my picture. If you want to know, then you've already seen it because it's the cover of this book. ^^

Enjoy!

 ===============================================================================

Chapter three:

(Leah's POV)

We were done with our assignments so now we were lounging with Victor in his bedroom, watching a movie but we weren't really paying attention to any of the characters on the screen.

We were lying on his bed with him in the middle and Tori and I on either side of him. I leaned my head on his shoulder and yawned just as Tori did on his left side.

"Tell me again why we are watching this?" I asked him.

"Because the movies you picked aren't as good as this one."

I sighed and continued watching. A few minutes later the movie ended. We all stood up and stretched, yawning at the same time.

I heard my phone bleep inside my bag. I grabbed it and flipped it open. It was a text message from Amy, ' Where are u? Mom wants u home NOW! Said she got something 2 tell both of us. '

'K. B there soon.'

I placed my phone into my pocket and went over to Victor and Tori who were sitting in front on the Apple Mac that was placed on the mahogany desk by the bed.

"Guys," I began. They both stared up at me. "I need to go. My mom needs me."

"Okay."

"Sure."

"Tor, you're not coming?" I asked her.

"No, I think I'll stay just a bit longer. He wants to show me something. You just go ahead." And with that, she turned back to the screen.

I shrugged, went downstairs and out the door. Also deciding to leave the two lovebirds alone for the night.

Just as I stepped out the front door, I heard a flutter of wings from above my head. I looked up to see something perched on the lemon tree. It flew towards the street light and I saw it was a crow.

It crowed and began flying towards me with a demented look in it's eyes. Once it was close enough, it started trying to peck me but I dodged it and ran.

I ran down the block and was about to turn the corner when I bumped into someone—hard.

"Argh!" I shouted as our feet got tangled and I ended up being the one below. "What the—?" Then my eyes connected with the same gorgeous pale blue eyes I saw this morning.

His shallow breathing stirred the air near my face and our body contact made sparks shoot out everywhere and my heartbeat stutter. This went on for at least five minutes.

"Um," I took in a deep breath but it was a bit hard to do so since he was pinning down my lungs. "Nate—can't breath."

"Oh," he stood up and held out a hand to me. "Sorry."

I gratefully took it. Once I was standing, I fixed my shirt and brushed off the dirt on my jeans.

"So," Nate said when we have been standing there for a minute in silence. "Why were you running, Leah?"

"Well," Should I tell him? No. I think I shouldn't. He'll just think I was crazy. So I said the closest thing to the truth. "I thought someone was chasing me but I guess I was just hallucinating."

"Oh."

My phone bleeped in my back pocket. I flipped it open and read the message, sighing. "I need to go, Nate. My mom wants to tell me something."

"Okay. I'll walk you home."

"No. It's okay. I can do it."

"It's not like I have something to do at the moment. Look, I was bored so I took a walk and then you bumped into me—again, if I may add." He chuckled. "So I'll just walk you home since I'm on my way home, too.”

So I went with it. We walked together in silence but it was the comfortable kind of silence that needn't be filled with small talk. At one point there would be a few times he would ask a random question and I would answer honestly.

We arrived at my house and I turned to say goodbye to Nate.

"Thanks for walking me home." Though it wasn't needed.

"No, it's fine. I was bored and I didn't have any other thing to do."

"Well, see you, Nate." I said, slowly walking backwards to my house. Once my back hit the doorknob, I quickly opened it and went inside.

When I was behind the door, I sank to the floor and breathed hard. I was just walked home by one of the most popular guys in school. And it felt good. But nothing happened. So why did it feel like something did?

Nah. I was just over exaggerating a bit. Being walked home by a popular guy didn't mean he liked you. Maybe he was just trying to be nice and polite. That has got to be it.

"Leah?" my mom called from the kitchen. "Is that you?"

"Yeah, mom."

"Come here, your dad and I have something very important to say to you and Amy."

I got off the floor and walked over to the dining room. When I saw the dining table filled with food. There was mash potato salad, corn on a cob with butter smeared over it, and there was a plate of fried chicken then a big bowl of fruit salad.

“Whoa…” I trailed off. “What’s with all the food?”

“Sit, then we’ll tell you.” Mom answered back. She had this happy glow around her and a big smile on her face. That meant trouble. The last time she smiled that big was three years ago when she bought a big bunny costume for my Halloween Dance and plus it smelled! It was the worst day of my entire life. But I was lucky enough that Tori brought an extra witch costume for the dance but I still had to endure half the night in that stinky bunny costume.

I sat in my usual seat, in between Amy and Dad. “So what is it?”

Mom still had that huge smile on her face and it was starting to affect Dad. He, too, began to smile brightly, showing off all his white teeth. I heard Mom take in a deep breath and say “I’m pregnant, girls. It’s a boy!”

What??!” Amy and I exclaimed defiantly. I knew it meant trouble… Then we began talking in different tones of shock.

“But Moomm—,“ Amy whined.

“Are you serious?”—Me.

“Come on! We don’t have an extra room.”—Amy again.

Dad said quietly, “Girls, calm down. It’s no big deal. What matters most is the new addition we have in the Sparks family.”

“But where are you going to put him? We only have three rooms, minus your craft room, mom.” I said with raised eyebrows.

“Well, we are planning to move into a bigger house. But don’t worry, Leah, it’s not yet final.”

“Oh…” If we were going to move then that would mean I would lose all my connections here. I didn’t want that. There were just too many memories here.

“Now eat, tonight is a happy night.” Dad said happily. Yeah right. He was lucky he wasn't the onewho would be giving up a room for a little brother. Now, I'm going to have to live my two years left of being a child with Amy's pre-teen smell and her love for junk food. Great. I sighed and dug into my food.

==============================================================================

Anyways...VOTE and COMMENT and FAN !!!!