15.) Spiritual Ascend

Dedicated to SaiPadul, my cousin. Go check out her stories when she posts one :D

ENJOY!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Fifteen:

I turned and saw a black-haired boy with warm grey eyes. He was smiling at me but I slightly frowned at the use of my full name. No one knew my full name except for a handful of people--five of them being my best friends, Nate, his mom, and my mom.

"You don't remember me, do you?" The boy said, cocking his head slightly. "Let me refresh your memory. Two summers ago at Art Camp? Is that little info enough to jog your memory?"

Then it clicked. "No way?! Zachary Mark Levine?" He smiled and nodded. I ran and jumped on him, placing my arms around his neck. I brought him close to me before letting go. "Oh my God! It's been such a long time!"

"Yep! Sure has!" Zach said, beaming brightly at me now that I had finally recognized him. "So, how are you now? You change so much since the last time I saw you."

"Yeah, I know. I had braces back then but now it's removed so that means I can eat all the food I want and no one's stopping me!" I finished it off with a little squeal. Zach just shook his head at me. I ran my eyes up and down his (smoking hot) body. Wow, I never knew two years could change everything about him.

"What about you? How did two freaking years change you from scrawny boy to buff macho guy?" I asked with an incredulous look.

He just shrugged. "I don't know. It just sort of happened over night."

I rolled my eyes, chuckling. That was such a lie. Obviously he was working out...I mean look at the size of those biceps. Those were twice the size of his arms two years ago. Then I felt Victor's presence come closer until he was by my side. Sparks flew instantly.

Zach looked at him for a moment, realization striking him instantly. "Ah, this must be Victor Jones, your best friend," He winked at me before holding out his hands in a formal way to Victor. "Allow me to introduce myself. My name's Zach, I'm Tori's friend from Art Camp. She's told me a lot about you."

"All good things, I hope," Victor said, shaking his hand.

"Trust me. All of them were good." He gave me a quick glance before looking behind me. "Well, it's best that I better get going. Your friends are waiting for you guys and I know you’re busy. Tor, we need to catch up-fast. I'm leaving in a few days...so how does Saturday afternoon sound?"

I nodded. "Meet me at the park entrance-the one where the bronze sign is," I quickly added.

"'Kay. Bye, Tor. See you on Saturday!" He turned and was soon lost in the crowd of the movie watchers.

I sighed but had a small smile on my lips. Oh, Zach, how I miss you so much. I turned and saw that Victor had moved a little behind. I rolled my eyes at how poorly concealed his jealousy was-though what he was jealous about was a big mystery to me. But I decided to tease him anyway.

"C'mon, doofus. Stop worrying, he isn't taking your place anytime soon. You'll always be my favorite."

He cracked a little smile. We both headed our way back to the people standing in a little crowd near the counter. They were all giving us curious stares and wondering who Zach was.

"Who was that hottie?" Julie whispered as she came to my side. Victor had dropped away, giving the girls some space to crowd over me.

"Yeah and how did you guys know each other?" Sophie seconded from my other side.