Chapter Two: Living With Him?

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

What was that annoying noise? I wanted to shut it off because is was ruining my sleep. Wait a minute, I've never heard any kind of beeping when I slept in the alley way.

At that thought I began to open eyes. The brightness burned my eyes and blurred my vision. After my eyes adjusted, I realized that I was in a white room hooked up to an IV. I couldn't remember what had happened and how I had managed to get myself injured majorly enough in order for me to be here. All I remembered was walking in the rain and heading towards the coffee shop and then everything went blank except for the memorizing blue eyes that I had seen.

I tried to get off the bed and walk but body began to protest due to the impact that it had taken. I was sore all over and it was difficult to even move an inch. If I couldn't move will I have to stay here longer? I need to get out now. I can't afford to stay here much longer. I began to force my body to get up whether it wanted to or not.

While I was trying to get up I didn't realize that the door to my left had opened. The man with the same exact blue eyes came in.

"Hey you're awake" he said while making his way towards me.

"Um. Who are you? Why am I here? When can I leave?" I asked in a rushed panicked voice and stopped moving like a deer caught up in headlights.

"Please calm before you stress yourself more. What's your name? My name is David. I was the one who hit you with my car".

"My name is Evangeline. You what! You hit me with a car? Are you insane, you could have killed...me".

I realized that I didn't die. That made me more even sad because I thought for once in my whole existence that all my pain would finally go away. I didn't know if I was truly happy that I was alive or not but I felt a sense of relief for some unknown reason.

He was about to respond to me but I quickly interrupted him due to how rude I was being.

"Wait I'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell at you. That was way out of line for me" I said embarrassedly.

"Its alright. I'm just glad you are okay. You have been here for three days. I'm really glad that you are awake and feeling better. I was really worried that I lost you" he said looking sad.

"Its okay. I guess I deserved it for not looking at where I walk. Plus it wouldn't even mattered if I didn't wake up. Wait, did you say three days?!". 

I began panicking. How will I be able to pay those bills off? I don't have anything. Suddenly I was cut off from thinking when David started shouting at me.

"What do you mean that it wouldn't matter?! Of course you matter! I was really afraid that I would never get to see you again!" David shouted with an angry and sad look on his face.

Then David started to come closer. He stopped in front of me and cupped his hand on my cheek. When he cupped my face I felt mini sparks that ignited something in me. I felt hot and flustered but I couldn't look away. There was something pulling me to him. I felt safe for the very first time and it felt weird.

Why was this man so confusing? Why would be even care about me? He's making me feel so confused right now.

Realizing that I was staring into his gorgeous eyes, I blushed and immediately looked away, breaking our contact. I've never felt like this before. So why all of a sudden?

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you".

"I-i-it's alright" I said nervously and looked down at my lap staring at my hands.

The atmosphere suddenly became awkward and quiet until he broke the silence.

"So, I talked with the doctor and she said that you will be able to leave once she evaluates you while you are awake. I also took care of the bills so you don't need to worry".

With that being said about the medical bills, it felt like a huge weight was lifted off my chest. I was glad that I wouldn't have to have bills burdening me.

"Thank you. That really means a lot. How will I ever repay you? I can't just let you pay everything. I should have paid those bills. I mean I don't have much money with me right now but I promise I will pay you back someday"

"Please don't worry about it. Now to the important question I've been wanting to ask you. What were doing on that day and where do you live?"

"I was walking down the street to the coffee shop to get some tea"

"Where do you live? Do you have somewhere to stay or go?"

Why would he care. Should I tell him the truth or lie? My hands were beginning to feel sweaty.

"I...I...um...live just a...a..few blocks from the coffee shop"

"And where is that few blocks" he asked curiously.

"It's...it's...Ugh! Why do you want to know. Its none of your business so please back off. Are you trying to stalk me now? Is that why you want to know where I live? Since when does knowing where I live is important to you?"

"It is important! I just want to know if you had somewhere to stay or not. When I first saw you, it looked like you didn't have anywhere to stay. You looked like you were struggling and starved"

"That's none of your business! Are you trying to tell me that I look like a filthy poor girl? Well if you wanted to know so badly then yes I am. I'm homeless alright so stop caring and go back to your own life" I said ashamed.

"That's not what I meant. I was just trying to understand more of you. I want to help you because for some reason I have this need to protect you"

I looked at him and saw him looking at me with that same emotion I saw before. Love. I quickly shook it off.

"Can you please go get the doctor to come here? I want to leave as soon as possible. I can't bare to stay in this hospital bed anymore."

"Fine. But this is not over. You will be living with me from now once you are discharged. And please do not argue with me on this"

Immediately I was confused. Why would he want me to live with him? Am I just a charity case for him?

"No I will definitely not go live with you! Am I just some charity case to you? Well news flash buddy I am not! I am a grown woman who can take care of herself"

"What did I say about arguing with me? Plus you were never a charity case. I did all these things because I care about you and want to protect you since you look like you can't look after yourself well"

"Hey you so did not just say that!..." I was about  to him a piece of my mind but he just had to give me an angry stare and immediately ignored me to find the doctor.

Ugh. How did I ever get into this situation in the first place? Oh yeah, HE crashed me with his car and while I was too stupid being lost in my thoughts for not looking at where I walked.