Chapter Sixteen: Dinner With the Family

David's POV

I followed the sweet aroma and it lead me to the kitchen. I saw Angel first then my mother next to her. Both of them seemed happy that I was back.

"What are you doing here mom. I though you wouldn't be back from Italy until next week" I said confused.

"Well what's wrong with me being here. I just missed you so much so I had to come home early. And are you trying to hide this beautiful girlfriend of yours away from me?" Mom said teasingly.

"I'm glad that you like Angel. Your always welcomed here mom but couldn't you have called me to tell me you would be coming here"

"Well I could have but then it wouldn't be a surprise so I decided not to inform you. Anyways I had a lovely time with Evangeline while you were gone. I want to let you know that I accept and I can't wait until I have myself some grandchildren"

"Mom you're going way ahead of time. I don't think we're ready for that to happen yet. I mean me and Angel just got together and starting our relationship but I would love to see her swell with my children"

I looked at Angel and saw her blushing and staring at me. I winked at her and she blushed even more.

"Aw look at her. She's so cute don't you think so David"

"Yes she is. She's also very beautiful. I love her."

I went towards her and engulfed her in my arms. I pulled back a little and kissed her forehead like always then released her while wrapping one arm around her waist.

"Well aren't you two so cute. I can't wait till your father and sisters meet Evangeline. They will love her as much as I do already. You know what, maybe should have a family dinner tonight!" Mother said excitedly.

"I don't think that's such a g-..."

Angel cut me off before I could finish.

"That would be lovely Anne"

"Wonderful! Now I need to go home and prepare dinner. Oh what should I cook?! I know! I should make my famous meatball cheese lasagna. I need to go now, I will see you two around 6 o'clock okay"

"Yes mother we'll be there"

"Good"

Mom grabbed her purse and hugged Angel another time before leaving.

"I really like your mom"

"I was hoping you would say that. I'm glad you two got along with each other. I don't know what I would do if she didn't"

"Will your family like me? I mean I know I'm not rich or pretty and all but I'm just scared. What if I make a fool out of myself or what if they ha-..."

I kissed her lips to stop her from rambling and having a panic attack.

"Calm down you're just overthinking. They will love you as much as my mother does. They'll be excited to meet and get to know you"

"Okay, I hope so" She sighed.

"Now how about a little nap before we go to dinner. I am still tired from waking up today"

"Alright Mr. Sleepyhead lets go"

I scooped Angel into my arms and walked towards our room. I opened the door and set her on the bed while I quickly changed into more comfortable clothes. I got in bed and pulled her closer to me so that our faces were in front of each other. She ran her hand through my hair and brushed my face soothingly. I closed my eyes and fell asleep with her gentle touch.