Chapter Twenty-One: Doctor's Appointment

Evangeline's POV

It's been a month since I've found out I was pregnant. Everything was going so smoothly. David and I have been preparing the nursery with the help of his supportive family. Everyone was excited for us just as we were.

My belly grew each day. Although it wasn't big yet, I could see a small difference. David loved the small bump and would always kiss it. Every night he would talk to my belly and tell the baby how much he loves him/her. He was excited to become a father. I could already tell that he would be an amazing dad. I couldn't wait till our baby will be born.

Right after announcing my pregnancy, David made an appointment with an OBGYN. Today was our first appoint and I was excited. I wanted to see my little peanut but I was also anxious about the baby's health.

"Angel are you ready?"

"Yes let's go!" I said excitedly.

We got to the hospital and checked in. Within a few minutes the doctor called our name. She was in her fifties and looked very nice. Her eyes were warm and she emitted a kind and gentile aura.

"Hello you must be Evangeline De Luca. My name is Dr. Lane and I'll be your OBYGN and the one to deliver your baby"

"It's very nice to meet you"

"So, I presume this is your husband here with us too"

"Yes this is David"

"Nice to meet you Dr. Lane"

"So, today we will be doing an ultra sound to check up on the baby and see how many weeks you are"

We walked into a room and Dr. Lane told me to sit on the chair while she prepared the equipment.

"I will need you too lift your shirt up so I can apply the gel. It might be a little cold but you'll feel fine once it's on"

She squeezed some gel onto my belly and I flinched from the coldness. Then she grabbed the transducer and rubs around my belly. Within seconds we heard a thumping noise.

"That is your baby's heart beat and this here is your baby." She says pointing to the monitor.

My tears started falling. I was so happy to see my baby finally. I looked to David and he was also tearing up. He leaned down and kissed my forehead. 

"Hm that's weird I think I made a mistake" Dr. Lane says confused while studying and moving the transducer around more.

"W-what do you mean made a mistake"

Panic began to rise in me. What was wrong with my baby? 

"Nothing is wrong Mrs. De Luca. I think you're having twins. It appears that the other one was hiding behind the baby in the front which made it appear that you only had one baby"

"Twins" I whispered in awe.

"Angel we're having two babies. I can't believe this. This just keeps getting better"

David kissed my lips we looked back to the monitor and saw two little peanuts. Our babies.

"Judging from the size of your babies you are in your eighth week of pregnancy as of this point. Would you like me to print some pictures"

"Yes. That would be wonderful!"

Dr. Lane left and came back with 5 pictures and handed them to us. The picture showed us baby 1 and and baby 2 with arrows pointing at them.

"Thank you"

"No problem well that sums up our appointment. I will arrange the next appointment which will be in a month and prescribe you some prenatal pills. Well that's about it. I hope you both have a wonderful day and congratulations on having twins. Oh and before I leave are there any questions you have for me?"