Chapter Twenty-Four: Two Bundles of Joy

HI Everyone, 

Here is Chapter 24. Enjoy! :)

David's POV

Since the day that I found out that Angel was pregnant with our babies I have been extremely excited and very protective of her. I wouldn't let her walk most of the time since I didn't want to risk her getting injured. So I carried her around or let her sit while I do the chores. She definitely hates having me carrying her  but I know that she loves it. 

Every month that has gone by, makes Angel's belly swell. She has a beautiful glow that she radiates and I just can't enough of seeing her pregnant. She is now eight and a half months along her pregnancy. I couldn't wait till the babies will come out.

Although I loved Angel very much there are also some things that I find amusing about her when she's pregnant. She's more hormonal and cries easily. She has also become very demanding  and she gets upset about the littles things.

Like one time she wanted me to make a nutella sandwich for her and I didn't put enough nutella spread on the bread. She got so upset that I didn't make her the "perfect" nutella sandwich and gave me her silent treatment.

Her silent treatments are very hard to deal with since Angel is know to be a quite bubbly and happy person. Plus I hate the fact that she won't talk to me or tell me how she's feeling. She has become very stubborn but it's okay because I love that woman to death.

Today is the day that we are suppose to finish renovating the orphanage. The place is more cleaned and furnished. The children also have better things. We provided them with new toys and clothes. They were truly happy and their smiles are just so contagious.

Although these children aren't mine I feel like they are. All the time we've spent together was truly a blessing and I would never change anything about them. I could see that all of the children looked up to Angel as a mother. I could already tell that she would be a great mother to our kids.

I was broken out of my thoughts with a tug on my shirt. I looked down and it was a little boy with blonde hair and brown eyes. His name was Ethan and he was seven.

"Hey buddy. What can I do for you?" I said crouching down to his level.

"C-can we get some pizza please?"

"Of course buddy. Now why don't you go play with the other kids and I'll order some pizza for us okay"

He nodded excitedly and ran off. I chuckled at his goofiness and pulled out my phone to order pizzas.

After that I went in search for my wonderful wife. I walked into the kitchen and spotted her immediately. She was baking a chocolate cake. It seems that whenever Angel and I come to the orphanage she always ends up baking a chocolate cake. The kids loved her baking and I couldn't deny that too. Anything made by her was pure heaven.

She was too engrossed with mixing the ingredients that she didn't notice me. I walked behind her and wrapped my arms around her belly and rubbed it.

"Hey Angel. I see your baking another cake like always. Didn't I tell you to rest. You should have told me to help you so you won't have to stress your body"

"David it's fine. Really. I love baking and nothing is going to stop me from making this cake even my pregnant belly. Now if you would like can you get a baking pan for me please."

"Sure thing Angel. Anything for you"

I rummaged through the bottom cabinets until I found what I was looking for. I brought it over to Angel and set it on the table.