Chapter Twenty-Two: More than One Surprise

Hi guys!

This chapter is shorter than usual but I promise to make the next one longer. Thanks for reading. Enjoy!

Evangeline's POV:

I woke up to butterfly kisses on my belly. I opened my eyes and saw that David was the one peppering kisses.

"Morning handsome. What are you doing?"

I sat up and David rested his head in my lap. I combed through his sexy bed hair and rubbed my belly.

"Morning Angel I was just showing how much I love our babies and wishing them a good morning. Hopefully they won't be too bad to their Mama and keep making her sick in the mornings"

"I hope so too because I don't feel like spending more time with the toilet. Guess what David!? We have our next appoint with Dr. Lane today and we'll finally get to know the genders of our babies. I'm so excited. I hope it's a boy and a girl"

"Yes a little boy that will be handsome as his daddy and a little girl who will be as beautiful as her mommy. I'm going to be very protective of her when she starts dating. Remind me to buy a shotgun when she gets older so I could scare all of those horny male teenagers"

"You will not buy a shotgun. It's dangerous plus she will hate you for it. Now come on let's go get ready for the day"

I tried to get up but David wouldn't let me.

"As much as I am excited to go see the the gender of our babies, I'm too tired to get up. I just want to lay here with you. I've missed you so much these past few days while I was at work. I just want to make up the time that we've been apart"

"I missed you too. But you're a busy man and I can't just let you avoid your work and responsibilities. Plus we can always spend time on the weekends together or after you come home"

"I know but it just feels like I haven't been taking care of you and our babies while I'm away at work. I'm just worried about your safety"

"David your over thinking. Your the best fiancé anyone could ever ask for. You have an amazing family that's always here to help and you know your mother practically visits me everyday to look after me. You're all so worried about me every single second that I feel as if I'm a child. I'm a grown woman and I can take care of myself"

"I know Angel that you can take care of yourself but I just want to be there every time you need me. I don't want to miss out on anything during your pregnancy. I want to be there when the babies start kicking or when you need me to hold your hair when your sick and..."

I kissed him to get him to stop talking. He immediately responded back deepening our kiss and sat up from laying on my thighs. He cupped his large hands on my face and pecked me lips a few more times before pulling away.

"You talk too much. Everything will be fine okay"

"Okay"

"Now I need to go shower and get ready and so do you"

I got up from the bed and made my way to the bathroom. I didn't bother closing the door since I knew he would probably join me. I took off David's t-shirt that I was wearing along with my panties. I looked in the mirror and examined my belly. It certainly has gotten bigger. The bump was more prominent.

I turned on the shower and got in when the water was warm. Then I felt a body behind me. Arms wrapped around my waist and brought me closer to his body. I could feel his hard member. Lust began consuming my body. My hormones were raging and I knew that we would be spending a little longer in the shower.

*****************************************************************************************************

After our moment in the shower, we washed each other and got out. I dried my self and picked out a matching pair of under garments. Then put on a cream sweater and paired it some dark blue jeans. I put my boots on and was ready to go.

I went down stairs to the kitchen and saw David making some omelets.

"It smells good"

"Good. I hope your hungry"

We ate our breakfast and went straight to the hospital for our checkup. We checked in and sat in the waiting room until we were called.

"Evangeline De Luca"

We stood up and walked to the Dr. Lane.

"Hello how are you doing?'

"I'm doing very well thank you"

"Well today we will get to determine the sex of your babies. I hope you both are very excited"

"Yes we are"

We go into the room and I sat in the chair. She put the cold gel on my stomach and started moving the transducer around until my babies were on view in the screen.

"So there is baby number one and baby number two" She says pointing at them on the screen.

"Baby number 1 is a boy and baby number two is a girl. Congratulations"

"We're having a boy and girl!"

I was so excited. David couldn't keep his eyes off the screen and had a wide grin plastered on his face. 

"Well that is all for this appointment. You're five months so far so just four more to go. But seeing that you have twins, your due date may be a little earlier which will still be considered normal. I hope you two have a wonderful day. Goodbye"

After that David and I exited the hospital and got into the car.

"Angel I have some I want to show you. I've been working on this for a while and I think that it's time I show you"

"What is it?"

"Sorry I can't tell you. You'll just have to wait and see. You'll love it and just remember that I'm always here for you"

"Fine, I won't guarantee what I'll do but I promise to not run"

We sat in silence and I just watched the road as David drove us to where ever he was taking us. The roads became more familiar as we drove further. Then we stopped in front of the orphanage I grew up in. The place that I called hell.