Chapter 26: Final Chapter

This is the last chapter of My Sense of Hope. Thank you all for your support. The FINAL chapter may seem too rushed. I'm sorry to say this but I just really want to finish this book. So I apologize in advance if you're not satisfied with the ending.

Well here's the FINAL chapter. Enjoy!

David's POV

"Evangeline is...fine. We've managed to stop the bleeding in time and now she is resting. I advise that she stay here for the next couple days until her body has healed. You may go see her now and I'll be checking up on her frequently"

"Thank you Dr. Lane"

She gave me a smile and nodded her head then left.

We all moved into Angel's room to see her. I walked in and saw her sleeping. Her face was still pale because of the blood loss but she still looked beautiful as ever. I sat next to her on the chair that was placed next to the bed and held her hand.

"She'll be alright now son" Dad said next to me.

"Yeah, she will"

I smiled and brushed the hair that was falling on her face. Thank god she was fine now.

Angel's POV

Beep

Beep

Beep

What was that noise? Did David forget to turn off the alarm clock again? I cracked my eyes opened and winced when I was greeted with bright lighting. After a few seconds after adjusting my eyes I realized that my body felt very sore and drained. I was about to get up but something was holding me down.

I looked to my left and saw David sleeping there holding my hand. Everything cam rushing back to me. I had the twins. They were finally here.

I turned towards him and brushed his messy hair. I could see dark circles under his eyes and I felt bad. I wonder how long I was out for.

I heard a cry from the corner of the room and found two baby cots there. David immediately woke up from his sleep and went to the twins in a hurry and didn't realize that I was awake.

I saw him pick up both of the twins and gave them each a loving kiss. I smiled at his gentile gesture and just observed him. I could already tell he was was an amazing father.

"Hey little ones. I hope you both slept good. You guys have been so good to mommy and daddy. Hopefully mommy will wake up soon and she'll be able to hold you. Now lets check up on mommy yeah"

He turned and met me with a surprised face. I waved at him and smiled.

"Hi"

"Angel you're awake!"

"Yeah I am. How long was I o..."

He came over and silenced me with his lips. I gave in and returned the kiss. I missed him so much and our babies. I pulled back and peered down at the twins.

"Oh they're so beautiful. Hi babies, mommy's okay now"

David handed them to me. Lily was to my left and Aiden was to my right. I kissed each of them on the head and smiled at their cute little faces that had smiles etched on.

"Looks like they know their mommy and have been waiting for you"

Tears started coming out of my eyes. I was so happy. I just felt so complete.

"Hi angels, I'm so sorry I scared you guys. But mommy promises she'll never leave you guys or daddy. I love you all so much"

The twins started smiling and making cute baby sounds to show their happiness. I started to coo softly back at them and watched them curl into my arms for warmth.