Chapter Seventeen: Making Love

WARNING this chapter contains mature content.

Evangeline's POV

We got home after dinner and I was exhausted. I didn't know meeting new people more precisely David's family could be so tiring, but I had a great time with them and do not regret any single minute I was with them.

"So Angel what do you think of my family?"

"They were wonderful. I really envy you because you have such an amazing family"

"Don't be jealous, they're your family now too. My parents already love you as if you're their daughter and my sisters love you too. You're just to hard not to love. I'm just glad that my family and you are doing well together"

"I am too"

I yawned and rubbed my tired eyes.

"Come on Angel let's go to bed. It's almost midnight anyways"

He scooped me up in his arms and I leaned my head on this chest. I could just sleep in his arms forever. I fell asleep to the soft beating of his heart.

******************************************************************************

"You little disgraceful brat! Come down here and clean this mess up right now" the Witch yelled at a little girl.

"B-but I-i didn't m-mean to do that. I-it was an a-accident. Please don't h-hurt me." the little girl cried.

I head the little girl plead and desperately cry for help. I had to stop this. I couldn't let her hurt an innocent child. I knew they wouldn't survive since I had experienced her wrath multiple times. I ran into the kitchen and ran in front of the little girl to block her.

The slap stung my right cheek and I could taste blood in my mouth.

"How dare you protect this brat! Move out of the way that little girl needs to taught a lesson!"

She shoved me so hard that I fell onto the floor. I got up again and ran in front of the little girl taking in another hit.

"No! Please stop. I'll do anything, just don't hurt her"

I grabbed the girl's hand hand and placed her behind me. My heart was thumping with adrenaline and I felt a sense of dread come over me.

"Fine. If you want to play hero so much then I'll just punish you instead"

"F-fine." I spat back at her.

I tried to be brave for myself and for the little girl. I didn't want her to see what was going to happen next so I told her to leave. I crouched to her level.

"You need go now okay. Go play with the others and don't come back here until I come find you"

"NO! S-she''ll hurt you" she said clutching onto me harder.

"Shh it's okay. I'll be fine okay. Just go" I said gently and giving her the most encouraging smile I could muster.

"O-okay"

She walked away and tuned back to me one more time before leaving.

"Aw wasn't that so sweet. You being her hero and all. That just disgusts me. Now for your punishment. Come here"

I took a breath and walked to her. I wanted to run away but I knew that if I did things would be worse. When I was a foot away, she slapped me again. I screamed in pain since it had more force. She kept this going at this for another few seconds until she grabbed a fist full of my hair and threw me onto the ground.