Chapter Thirteen: The Moment of Truth

David's POV

"I'm sorry David but I can't do this anymore. I can't love a man like you. "

"What do you mean? What did I do? I can fix this. Please don't go!" I said desperately.

"Goodbye..."

I tried to reach and grab her wrist but she evaporated.

"ANGEL!"

I woke up with a jolt. My heart was beating fast and my body was sweaty. I stood up and went to her door but only to find it unlocked. I opened it and saw that everything was normal. I checked every where for her and couldn't find her. My adrenaline pumped up and I became more anxious. I ran down the stairs hoping to see her. I got to the kitchen and found the door leading to the back yard opened.

I went out not bothering to wear any shoes and saw that Angel was there. She had made a snowman and was just staring at it. I realized that she wasn't wearing a jacket and her shoulders were shivering.

"Angel what are you doing?"

I rushed down the steps and saw her turn towards me. Her eyes were puffy and red and held a dullness to them unlike they were before.

Her lips were also starting to turn blue and her clothes were soaked.

"W-what do y-you want?" She said unaware of her shivering.

I immediately scooped her up in my arms and head towards inside. She struggled against me and tried to push me away. I held her closer to me ignoring her struggle.

"L-let go of me! I c-can walk" She said pounding her tiny fists at my chest.

"Stop it. You're gonna get yourself hurt. Plus you're freezing and soaked to the bone. How could you be so naive to not wear a jacket in this weather. Are you trying to get yourself killed!?"

I stared at her sternly but she ignored any eye contact. I stopped walking and and set her on a chair once we were inside. I lifted her chin up to get her to look at me but like the stubborn woman she is she kept avoiding me.

"Angel look at me"

She shook her head .

"I know you have a lot of questions about yesterday. I will answer them all but first you need to change. Your going to catch another cold."

I picked up her again and lead her to our room and made her a bath while she went to retrieve some new clothes in the closet.

"Your bath is ready. I'll wait here until you're done and we'll talk"

She ignored me and went into the bathroom and locked the door. It hurt to have her ignoring me and acting cold. This woman really changed me because she was the first one that I've ever felt like this towards anyone.

I wish our situation was different. I wish I met her earlier and never had met Claire. I knew Claire was trouble but me being the crazed hormonal man I was, I was stupid enough to cave into Claire's act. I never liked her but only used her to release my needs.

Fifteen minutes later she walked out and sat on a chair across the bed instead of sitting next to me. I wanted her to sit next to me but I decided to let it go.

"So about what you saw yesterday, it was nothing. I didn't kiss her. She was the one who jumped at me. I swear I was going to push her away right when you came in. She means nothing to me." I pleaded hoping that she believed me.

"But from what I saw it looks like you enjoyed it" She said making eye contact with me with hurt filled in her eyes.

"No I didn't. The only one I want is you. I crave for you Angel. You're the only woman for me. I'll do anything for you to believe me. I just don't want to lose you. You're the best thing that has ever happened to me. I love you Angel. I love you so much that I'm scared that you'll leave me forever."

It was silent after that. No one talked. We just looked at each other and thought. I could see hesitance in her eyes but what she said next made me happy.

"I believe you"

"Thank you Angel. I promise you I'll never cheat on you"

I smiled at her with the biggest smile and she returned a small one back at me. Then I remember that I was still holding an important thing from her. I don't know what will happen next or how she will take it.

"Angel there's another thing I have to tell you about yesterday with Claire" I said nervously.

My hear was beating at a fast race that I could practically feel it was about to pop out of my chest.

"What is it?"

"I don't want you to go to a conclusion about this. I know it may be difficult to hear this but I'm really trying to make this right and fix it...What I wanted to tell you is that...that Claire came to see me because...she said she was pregnant"

The look on her face suddenly fell and the small smile vanished.

"You're saying that you're gonna have a baby with her?" Her voice cracked and her facial expression turned blank.

"I don't know if it's really mine. But I'm confident that it's not mine. I've slept with her a few times but I always make sure that I'm wearing protection. Plus I know she sleeps with a lot of men. I will be having a test done in two days. I know she is just after my money"

"But what if its really yours? What will happen then?"

"I'll take responsibility and accept the child but I'll never be with Claire. She isn't the one for me. No matter what happens I hope we can go through this together right?"

"I-I need to think about this. I really don't know what to do now David. I think I need some time to think about this situation. If its really your child I don't want him/her to grow without both of their parents. It's not right. So if the test comes back positive then I don't think it's best for us to be together. Until then I think we should wait and see. I'm going to my room now"

She got up and left without another glance or word. I felt like throwing things or punching something. Everything was just going great until now. I feel like the world is against us or something. Why can't we just be together peacefully.

I decided to give her some time to think until the day of the test. I locked myself in the office and completed all the paperwork that I have been lacking on.

******************************************************************************Two Days later...Day of the the test

Evangeline's POV

I was at the hospital with David and Claire. We were waiting for the results. I was anxious of what it will be. I could see Claire smiling and acting all giddy. I wanted to smack that smile off her caked up face but I refrained myself.

I looked and saw David pacing back and forth anxiously. I knew he was scared and I was also scared too.

"Babe aren't you excited to be a daddy?" Claire said.

I knew she was trying to make me jealous and it was working.

"Honestly, no I am not but if this baby is mine I will take responsibly, BUT I will never be with you"

That shut Claire up and I smiled inside.

Ten minutes later the doctor came out with a folder.

"Hello I presume you all are here for the paternity test" He said and we all nodded.

The doctor opened the envelope and pulled the paper out. He look at it and stared back at us.

"Well from the lab results it appears that Mr. De Luca is..."