Chapter Nine: Finding Her

Angel's POV

It's been five days since I've left. I hope David is doing fine and has moved on. I know I said that I would give us a try but instead I broke that promise. I didn't want to end up all alone again. He would find someone prettier and better for himself. I was just holding him back and I couldn't do that.

Every day I woke up cold and shivering. It was still the middle of November and the skies grew darker and gloomier every second. I have survived in this type of weather for four years so I knew I could survive this one too. I often get sick at this time of the year. At times it would be bad but I always recover back to my normal self within a few weeks to a month. I couldn't afford medicine so I just let my body heal naturally.

I been thinking these past few days about my life. I have shed what appears to be like a million tears. My eyes were puffy and my brain was just depressed and tired. I was tired of living like this. I hated feeling like I was useless and going no where. I wanted to succeed but sadly luck wasn't on my side most of the time.

I felt rejected by the world. I couldn't even manage to get a simple job or find somewhere stable to stay. Overall I couldn't fend or provide for myself. I hated begging for money that I didn't deserve but it felt like it was my last resort.

I prayed to God everyday to send me a miracle. I don't know whether it has come but I'm still waiting. When will I get a break and be happy for once in my miserable life.

I took a big sigh. I was sitting in front the ocean like I have been doing every morning I woke up. I would watch the sun rise between the grey clouds then I would walk to the coffee shop and order a hot cup of tea. I managed to get two dollars each day so I used it to get tea or to buy an apple.

I didn't eat much but my stomach was used to it.

I walked to the coffee shop and ordered my tea. I sat down at the hidden corner that looks out to the streets. I could see walking pedestrians walking in their suits and dresses to work. I saw a mother holding her daughter's hand while laughing at something she said. It made me smile at that and reminded me of the children from the orphanage.

I liked to sit in the corner and just and sip my tea in peace while observing the world in front of me.

*****************************************************************************************************

David's POV

It's been five days since I've last seen Angel. I couldn't goto sleep at night because I missed her warm body snuggling into me. I missed her so much. I tried walking around town trying to find her myself but it was no use. It was as if she was hiding and didn't want to be found.

At times I felt like she was close but I just couldn't figure out where she is. Everyday I went to work frustrated and extra stressed. I practically yell at everyone and have managed to fire almost ten workers for not doing something simple. I was just mad that I couldn't find her.

Even Max the best tracker couldn't find her. I forced him to find her. I couldn't lose her since I just found her. These past few days I always ponder on the fact if I did something wrong for her to disappear from me. Was I not good enough or did she think that she doesn't deserve to be loved? I really don't know but when I do find her soon she better talk to me and tell me everything that is going through her pretty little head.

Sitting in the office is making me more stressed. There was been a lot of paper work and meetings to attend. I can't pay attention to my work at all. I just need a breather and come back. I decided to walk outside and clear my mind.

I took the elevator to the bottom floor and exited the building. I walked around the block and looked at the sky. It was turning grey gloomy just like how I felt inside. I put my hands in my pocket and just walked.