Cigarette Butts and Train Stations

The best way to get over a woman

Is to turn her into literature

- H. Miller

+++

"Glai?"

"Hmm?"

"What if somewhere in time we lose contact? Would you look for me? Would you wait for me?"

"It depends, I guess?"

"Depends where?"

"Depends on you..."

"Why?"

"When that happens would you want me to look for you? Would you want me to wait for you?"

"It Depends, I guess?"

"Depends where?"

"Depends on you..."

"Why?"

"Because why would we even lose contact?"

"Right... so why would you even ask?"

"Why do you always out smart me?"

"I'm not. I'm just being reasonable most of the time I guess?"

"So where's reason in us?"

"I don't even know. I don't see reason in us."

"Why don't you?"

"Because if there's reason in us? One logical thing would happen..."

"What is it?"

"We'd be together."

"Cha - -"

"I know Yoyon, I knew pretty well... and that's where I find reason and I understand completely."

"I'm sorry Cha."

"No worries, I'm willing to wait."

"Are you? Or you're just telling me that so you can make me feel better?"

"No, I told you that so I could feel better."

+++

"Anong ginagawa mo dito?" She sternly asked; I was still standing in front of her, tightly clutching her coffee cup ignoring the heat coming from it. I was nailed to where I was standing and didn't have the voice to answer.

"Ano pa bang ginagawa mo dito? Ginamit mo pa si Bianca at Chynna sa mga kalokohan mo?" ulit niyang tanong, at saka lang ako nakaramdam ng kaba at nakabalik sa ulirat ng sumama ang tingin niya sakin.

"I was hoping we could talk?" I offered softly, she just smirked letting a dark chuckle and looked at me like I'm some kind of clown and what I said was a punch line, I felt embarrassed

"Have you even considered if I wanted to talk to you by any chance? We're no longer kids, we don't need assurance from the things that happened in the past."

"Ayun na nga Glai eh, hindi na tayo mga bata then why don't you just give me the chance to tell you my side of the story?"

"Ayoko - - Ayoko ko lang marinig yung mga kasinungalingan mo..."