My Lone Star Song, Amazed

"Glaiza?" Rhian softly called out, we're at the Hill Station restaurant in Baguio, we just got down from Kalinga today, we spent the last three days in the wild and vast culture of the natives. We're finally inked by the last traditional artist, they call Apo Whang-Od when we visited her tribe yesterday.

Rhian and I were both inked on the lower part of our pelvis, with the tribes symbol for a hawk and a scorpion. Apo Whang-Od told us that the hawk was the symbolism for an open communication with God and the scorpion was for bravery.

We also trekked Mt. Kiltepan, where my friend Angelica Panganiban and her on screen partner JM De Guzman screamed their lungs out in the indie movie 'That Thing Called Tadhana'.

It was a rather easy trek though, made especially easier and enjoyable with Rhian injecting jokes, and rapping while we follow Lance our trek guide.

After the trek we also tried Gaia the famous café and crafts in Sagada which was highly recommended by Ange herself. The walk to the café was really refreshing mainly because it overlooks the rice terraces, the quaint house itself was a work of art made by different artists. And the food was heavenly though they offered more vegetarian food on their menu.

Over all the trip was great more than just great it was a refresher, Rhian and I know well that we're anew. It was an honest and salient confirmation of our new start together. Although we may not tie it down right away, we at least now enjoy the freedom from all aspects, and that's more than enough for us to be thankful. She's with me, what's not to be thankful about right?

"Yes Rhi?" I raised an eyebrow as she fidgets in front of me, she reached for my right hand that was on the table and held on to it before she looked at me again, reluctantly, almost nervously.

"Love you're acting weird." I frowned, she has been silent in the whole duration of dinner and it's not so her.

"Love, listen to me okay?" She started

"Are we good?" I asked straightening from my seat.

"Oo, oo naman we're fine, I just want to tell you something and I want you to listen to me okay?" she seriously retorted

"Nakikinig ako, love." I assured her, giving her hand a light squeeze and a smile.

"Love, kasi, I've been thinking about this, since last week pa, bago pa itong trip natin, and I'm just nervous baka kasi hindi ka pa ready for what I am going to ask you." She stalled

"What do you mean actually?" I asked, hunches started playing inside my head but I want to hear it from her straight, so I waited.

Instead of answering me, she nodded and smiled at someone behind me, and when I looked one of the waiters was approaching us carrying a small round salted caramel cake, my favorite. He smilingly settled the cake in front of me, it looked almost look like a normal cake but then the topping was what's weird, it's a key, a golden one which doesn't look like it's made to open any locks, but it's a key that's for sure.

"Glai, I know yung pagbabalik ko sa buhay mo caused one whirlwind of disaster and blessing not only for you but also for me, I was never sure kung anong mangyayari satin when I decided to come back for you. But then you proved me again that all this time, I belong to only you, Glai..." she paused to breathe, I remained silent, just intently looking at her beauty.

"You proved me that seven years of uncertainty and longing surprisingly wasn't enough to break what we used to share. Yes you were mad at me, and I totally understood why. And you should've been married by now with kids, or at least have new partner if you really wanted too, but when I learned that you never entertained Ben, and never dared to go on relationships seriously. It gave me hope that maybe you're still just waiting for me..." she playfully nod with confidence, we both giggled.