Almost 5. Maturity and Commitments

I was in love, and the feeling was even more wonderful

than I could ever imagine it could be

- Nicholas Sparks

+++

I loved Rhian. I truly loved her despite all the people telling me to stop and completely recreate my notion of love. I loved her despite the uncertainties we sometimes face, cause with her taking a bit of a risk is worth more savoring than keeping us on the sides always playing safe.

I loved her despite the fact that I was never her first, and by first I don't mean 'that', what I mean is the first person who has ever romantically held her hand, or looked into her eyes, or caressed her cheek, or told her she's beautiful. But then I don't regret where I am now, kasi at least ngayon ako na talaga yung kasama niya. I should feel happy. Well I obviously am happy.

Of course like all relationships, we developed our own habits, kagaya ng pagising ko ng maaga everyday to fetch her, so we can drive thru for breakfast and just enjoy the silence of the morning even though we're both not morning persons. I grew closer to her mom and ate, we casually go out on dates, and sometimes with Ate Nadine's boyfriend too. We developed patterns, on the places we wanted to visit, on restaurants we wanted to try and on foods we wanted to eat. We develop all kinds of couple aspect as the days numbered. We already passed the stage of adjusting to certain responsibilities of a person with commitment, like frequent texting and calling each other and subtly telling people around us our territory.

After the play and my band's first performance masyadong maraming opportunities ang dumating, nagsimula kaming mainvite sa iba't ibang gigs and guesting at natutunan ko namang mai-juggle ang time sa pag-aaral, sa pag-babanda, sa mga kaibigan at syempre kay Rhian. At ganun din si Rhian dahil after ng Romeo and Juliet for their subject eh naiopen ito for PETA or the Philippine Educational Theater Association na ginawan ng pinoy twist pati din yung sumunod nilang play which is Othello and it's really a moment of pride for me being with Rhian who happens to be the lead actress on both Shakespearean plays.

"Hi Love!" She greeted as she pushed the front door open, kagagaling lang niya sa rehearsal at nauna ako dito sa condo niya, no we're not living together pero we have sleepovers so it's our designated day for it.

"Hey! Kamusta ang rehearsal? Heavy ba today?" I asked as I pulled her to join me on the couch.

"Mejo, nasa part na kasi kami na nabuking ako ni Othello na nagtataksil." Sabi naman niyang natatawa

"Bakit mo tintatawanan? Masakit yun ah! He's your husband mind you." I mocked

"Oo nga love, hindi nila alam na hindi si Cassio ang kalaguyo ko..." She said playfully eyeing me while toying on my fringes

"Ha? Eh sino bang kalaguyo ni Desdemona diba si Cassio? May iba kang ka third party!?" I exclaimed laughing

"Oo, Si Glaiza, yun ang tunay na kalaguyo ko." She said with her witch laughter yung may sound ng 'hihihi' imbas na 'hahaha' ewan ko ba ganun siya minsan tumawa pero natutuwa ako pag naririnig ko yun.

"Ahh wala ngang panama si Othello dun love, kaya pala mapapatay ka niya."

"Eh di iligtas mo ko." she fake a plea as she put feather kisses on my neck

"Love, baka mahuli tayo ni Othello..." I teased even though I was giving her more access as I lean my head to the left.

"Okay lang yun..." she whispered in between kisses at unti unti ng nauupos ang pisi ng pagpipigil ko pero bago ko pa siya mahawakan ay bigla siyang tumigil