Chapter Nine

Drake woke up to the smell of an early dinner that was still cooking and Naomi was now crawling around the living room, playing with her toys. Drake smiled and got up from the couch. He picked Naomi up and walked into the kitchen where he found Nicki standing over the gas stove, making dinner.

"Hi," Drake kissed her forehead. Naomi reached for Nicki and she took her and kissed her cheeks before smiling at Drake.

"Hi." Nicki smiled. For some reason she woke up in a good mood. If she could, she would stay here with him forever. Everything was so perfect, far from everything else she had experienced. "I'm almost finished."

"Good, I'm starving. Andrea is supposed to be coming over later. She wants to see you and Naomi."

"I love your little sister." Nicki smiled and turned the food down so it could cook on its own. They left out of the kitchen and went to the living room. Drake smiled. "She loves you too. I'm going to go get her stuff out of the car so I can put it together."

"Okay." Nicki bounced Naomi who was laughing. He's so amazing. Nicki thought to herself before getting up and putting on a movie for them to watch. She paid Naomi on her chest and they watched Hercules while Drake put together her playpen.

Andrea and Laith headed to the front door of her parents' house, preparing to leave when there was a knock. "Laith can you get my jacket out of the closet?" Andrea asked before going to open the door.

"Oh, it's you." She looked at Jim. Ever since she was little, she had hated his guts. She had always thought he was a bad man and now that she was old enough to understand what his job description was as he worked for her parents, she hated him even more.

"Nice to see you too Andrea." he smiled. "How's your friend?" he asked referring to her ex-boyfriend Elijah. Her parents had him to investigate Elijah's father. She didn't know that Elijah was only with her because his father wanted business ties with her father but after Jim investigated Elijah's whole family, he found out that Elijah's father was into more illegal stuff than her own parents. After her dad broke off business ties with Elijah's dad, Elijah broke up with her. That's when Drake realized their own parents along with Elijah and his parents were only using them all as pawns in their games.

Andrea just rolled her eyes in response and stuck her arms into the jacket that Laith was holding out for her. "How's are your job going? Last time I check, murdering, extorting and blackmailing people were all illegal."

"I'd watch my mouth if I were you." He gave her a slick smile. She felt Laith's grip on her shoulders tighten and knew he was getting upset so instead of replying, she just ignored him and eventually, Jim headed off to her mother's office.

"Let's just head to my brother's. I'm not in the mood to go out anymore." Andrea crossed her arms over her chest after getting comfortable in the passenger seat of Laith's car.

"You sure?"

"Yeah. I hope you're not upset." she looked over at him and he just smiled.

"I don't care where we are as long as I can spend time with you." he started the engine as her face turned red from blushing.

"Are you sure you don't need any help?" Nicki asked as she watched Drake become frustrated with the playpen.

Drake looked over the instructions again before finding the part he was looking for. "No, I got it." Drake finished with the playpen while Nicki began folding Naomi's new clothes.

After Nicki finished with Naomi's clothes, she took them upstairs to Drake's closet and found a space to put them until he could finish with her room.