Chapter Thirteen -- Part One

"Drake I'm bored. There's nothing to do around here." Nicki pouted as she walked into Drake's office.

"There's plenty to do around here. We can go to the park or we can go out to lunch. We can take Naomi somewhere. You're just not used to having free time. Pick up a hobby or something. Or you can come work for me if you're that bored."

"No I'm not gonna work for you because like I told you before, we wouldn't get any work done."

"Well-" Drake started but his phone rang. Nicki looked over at it and rolled her eyes at him before handing him the phone.

Drake looked at who it was and took a deep breath before answering. "Aubrey! You picked up this time. I thought I was going to have to come over and spank you." his mother laughed.

"Hi mom." he put an emphasis on mom so Nicki would know who he was talking to.

"You haven't been over in a while. Why don't you come over for dinner? You can bring your friend if you want to."

"How do you know-that's beside the point. No, she can't make it. She uh...has to work today?" he lied and Sandi let out a laugh.

"Aubrey you've always been a horrible liar." Sandi said as she looked into the folder with Nicki's government name written on it. She studied the picture of Nicki and rolled her eyes. "Either way, I want you to come see us tonight. You don't have to bring her if you don't want to."

"Alright, I'll be there. I gotta go." Drake said and Sandi shook her head.

"Aubrey you better not cut your words short like that ever again. I'll see you at dinner." Sandi hung up the phone.

Drake sighed and looked over at Nicki who was pouting. "Let's go to lunch. Then afterwards we can go find me a suit and then our little family can go find us a pet."

"Really? We can get a puppy?" Nicki cheesed.

"We can get whatever you want. But I have to go to dinner at my mom's tonight." Drake gently eased the news in.

Nicki huffed but then agreed since he was spending the day with them. "Let's go get dressed." Nicki pulled him out of his office and up to his bedroom so they could get dressed.

"How do I look?" Nicki asked as Drake sat on the bed. She had on a long sleeved tube dress, thick gray leggings and boots.

Drake glanced up at her from his phone and motioned for her to come over to him. He pulled her onto his lap and kissed her. His hands traveled down to her ass and gave it a gentle squeeze. "You look beautiful as always."

"I love you." Nicki said, looking him square in his eyes.

"I love you too." Drake hugged her close before standing and setting her on her feet. They left the room and headed to Naomi's where they dressed her then left.

~~~~~

"Whatever Aubrey," Nicki laughed as he told her about how nervous he was when he first met her.

"Really, I was scared as hell. But I was attracted to you right then." Drake said as he fed Naomi a bit of the mashed potatoes on his plate.

Nicki blushed red. "Drake, where do you see us ten years from now?"

"Married with two or three more kids. Why?"

"I just wanted to know what my happy ending would be. I'm the person that reads the end of the book before starting it."

"Well no matter what happens in our book, you deserve a happy ending and I'll give it to you. I want to marry you Onika." Drake said while watching Naomi try to feed herself. When Nicki didn't respond, he looked up and saw her giving him a teary smile.