Chapter Twelve

"Did you find a dress?" Drake asked before pecking Nicki's lips. He had just walked into his home and was able to relax.

"Yeah, I found one but it needs to be tailored so it's not here right now." Nicki said as she unknotted his tie. "How was your day?"

"Intense. I got a new assistant and she was a mouthful but it looks like we'll be having a good quarter coming up so maybe we can buy Naomi a house." Drake joked and Nicki rolled her eyes.

"Shut up. Now this new assistant? You don't sound too fond of him." Nicki placed her hands on his shoulders.

"Her and no, she's fine, she just has an overwhelming personality. She does my work for me which I'm gonna need to talk to her about."

"Her?" Nicki asked, making Drake smile at her jealous nature. It was as if she hadn't heard anything he had said after that.

"Onika women are less competitive in a business setting and more thorough so yes a her. If it makes you feel any better, she was there when I got there. Besides, my last assistant was a woman."

"Mmhmm. Dinner's ready." Nicki said before attempting to walk off but Drake grabbed her, bringing her back to his chest.

"Are you mad? Alison was unattractive."

"And this new assistant is?" Nicki furrowed her brows.

"She's not my type." Drake kissed her neck. "Besides, if you want to be my assistant, just tell me."

"Uh no sir, I don't know the first thing about stocks and investments and whatever it is that you do and besides with your horny self, I doubt we'd get any work done." Nicki giggled as his hands moved down to her waist.

"I think you're right," he smacked her butt after he let her go. "When is dinner gonna be ready?"

"About fifteen minutes." Nicki yelled over her shoulder as she walked to the kitchen and Drake to his office.

Thirty minutes later, Nicki stepped inside of Drake's office and found him playing with Naomi. She smiled as she leaned in the doorway.

Naomi was hysterically laughing as Drake blew raspberries on her stomach. "Dada!" she tried to push his head away and Nicki couldn't help but she smile even wider. Drake stopped and looked at Naomi, a look of confusion on his face. Nicki went further into his office and he looked up at her.

"Did you hear her?" Drake asked Naomi played with the many papers on his desk.

"Yeah, Naomi give daddy a kiss." Nicki said and Naomi leaned over and kissed Drake.

"Wow." Drake looked at Naomi in amazement. "This is all becoming so real for me."

"Oh don't go getting all soft on me. Dinner's ready daddy."

"That was a long ass fifteen minutes." he picked up Naomi and kissed her cheek before carrying her out of the office and to the kitchen with he and Nicki.

"You know that just made me the happiest man alive. You taught her that didn't you?" Drake asked Nicki and she just smiled before sitting at the table. Drake put her in her highchair and started feeding her the mashed potatoes and mushed meatloaf on her plate.

"I do it!" she grabbed her spoon from him and began feeding herself.

"She's really talking today." Drake looked at Nicki who was wiping tears.

"What's wrong?" he let Naomi feed herself and squatted beside Nicki's chair.

"Nothing's wrong." she smiled. "I'm just so happy. You make me happy."