Chapter 8 -Skyler's POV-

"Shit, it's freezing out here." I looked up at Mitch as we headed towards the Tower.

"Yea, don't worry once we're done with the generator we can actually get some power running through the whole place." Mitch looked down at me with a small smile. We trailed through the snow then got to the Tower's ladder.

"Ladies first." Mitch joked as he stepped out of the way, gesturing towards the ladder. I rolled my eyes with a smirk then started to crawl up the ladder. Mitch followed me soon after, the ladder was slippery but frozen. I slipped a little but Mitch had me.

"Be Careful." He reminded me softly. I nodded and went back to crawl up the ladder. Once I reached to the top I opened the hatch then crawled up on the surface of the floor. Then I helped Mitch up.

"Hey look, a flare gun." His gaze was fixed on the glass case. He got up on his feet and opened it.

"You can take it, just in case you get lost." Mitch handed it to me. I shook my head and pushed it towards him.

"No.. It's fine." I said with a smile, he looked down at it and I took a hold of it. I placed it in his jacket pocket, and he looked up at me with a soft smile. We headed towards the Tower door and opened the door.

"Alright I'll turn on the generator." Mitch said as he walked over to the generator. I followed him and looked over his shoulder.

"Hey Mitch I have something to tell you." I said softly, he got the generator started. Then he looked at me.

"Yea?" He asked me. His gaze looked down on me, eyes sparkling.

"I... I.." I said before the tower shook. He grabbed me as I gripped onto his checkered jacket.

"Woah! That was close..." Mitch said as he looked down at me.

"What happened?" I asked him in panic. He let me up onto my feet, then looked out the window.

"Nothing... Probably just the wind, lets hurry and get down." Mitch said heading to the door. Till the tower shook raggedly, then started to fall. My eyes widen as I tried to grab Mitch. He grabbed onto the door handle the reached for me. But missed. I screamed and slammed onto the glass shattering it a little. The tower was on it's last limbs ready to collapse. I propped my self up on the glass, it started to make a cracking sound. Panic flooded over me like rain pouring down.

"Sky! Hold on!" Mitch swung over to another window. The tower shook, and the glass started to crack more. My eyes widen.

"Mitch STOP!" I panicked. I'm going to FALL STOP! I felt my heart racing, Mitch slowly came down. The glass suddenly shattered below me, then I landed onto the rails, and grabbed onto them.

"OH GOD! SHIT! FUCK!" I yelled as the tower slid. Mitch gripped onto the side with the other broken windows.

"FUCK!!" Mitch suddenly yelled as the tower slid quickly then landing in the huge hole. It was held up against the rocks, I still had a good grip of the bars. I pulled my self up and tried to reach a ledge to get to Mitch but, didn't work. There was no noise from him. Nothing. Mitchell, oh my god... Please be ok.