I'm Okay I Promise

Ed's POV
I looked at Roy, clearly afraid and horrible images popped up in my mind. "Colonel...I'm sorry. I didn't mean to frighten Ed." Rosie apologized. "Private." He said. Rosie stiffened. "Ye-Yes Sir?" She asked. "It's fine. This happens once in a while. Go get Alphonse, Ed's younger brother. He's a big suit of armor." He explained. "Yes sir." She replied, and ran off. After she was gone, Roy pulled me towards him. "What was it this time Ed?" He asked softly. Most people would see what Roy said as he was annoyed with me. But, that was his way of saying what happened. I hugged him back. "Nothing did colonel bastard." I tried to sound strong but instead my voice came out like a whisper. Roy stroked my hair and sighed. "Dammit Ed. Stop pretending nothing's wrong. I know your not okay and I want to understand why you had that glint of fear in your eyes." He explained. I sighed and nuzzled my head into Roy's shoulder. "Tha-That alchemy...it-it was like the one tha-that was used t-to...." I trailed off. Roy seemed to understand and held me close to him. "Its okay now Ed. I promise you'll be okay. And I promise...if something happens, I'll protect you." He said to me, making me blush pure red like a tomato. Roy chuckled and smiled. I smiled back at him. "I love you." I said to him. Roy smiled and kissed me gently. "I love you to." He replied. I hugged him again with a small smile. Roy smiled again and picked me up and I let out a small squeak. Roy laughed at my reaction. "Roy! That's not funny!" I exclaimed. "No. But its fun Ed!" He laughed again. I sighed and smiled. "Okay." I said. Roy smiled again and he pulled me into a hug mid air. I hugged him back and rested my head on his shoulder. "Hey Ed?" Roy asked. "Hm?" I responded. "Your legs are dangaling." He laughed. "Your a bastard. I hope you know that." I grumbled. Roy just laughed again. "Yes. I know that one Eddy." He replied. "Eddy?" I started. "Really?" I asked. He nodded. "Yes really." He said. I sighed and nodded. "Your really weird." I laughed. "Brother!" I heard a shout. I picked my head up from Roy's shoulder and saw Al running towards us. "Al!" I said. "Hey Roy. Could you please put me down." I pleaded. Roy nodded and put me down. I ran towards Al. "Brother! Are you alright?" He asked me. I nodded. "Yeah. Now I am. I just had a...small shock. Thats all." I responded, smiling softly at him. "Are you sure? When Rosie ran in she seemed upset and nervous and her sentences were scrambled. I-I thought something happened." Al explained. Roy came up behind me. "I'll explain to you what happened later Alphonse." He said. Al nodded. I sighed and looked at both of them. "Listen, a. I am okay. And b. I have to go to the library for something about the philosophers stone." I said to them. "I'll come along." Roy said. "No. You have paperwork." I declined. Roy laughed. "Actually I finished that." He said to me.  I sighed. "Fine." I said to him. "Al, I'll be right back." I said to him. Al nodded. "Okay Brother." He replied. Roy followed behind me. We started walking towards the library. "So, did you really finish your paperwork?" I asked. "No...." He said. I laughed. "Of course you didn't! I should've seen this coming!" I laughed. "Hey..stop that." Roy pouted. I laughed even more. "But its fun laughing at you." I replied, laughing even more. Roy gently shoved me. "Hey!" I said. This time Roy was the one laughing. I smirked and gently shoved him back. "Fullmetal no." He said. I laughed. "Fullmetal yes." In the end, we were both laughing. As we were walking to the library, I found myself walking alone. "Ed wa-Hmp!" Roy yelled. I turned around and saw two people holding him away from me. "Roy!" I exclaimed, running towards him. As I was running, there was a burst of pain in my stomach. I looked down and saw I was bleeding. Another burst of pain appeared in my shoulder. "Ed! Lemme go!" Roy yelled. I froze in my tracks and coughed up blood. Someone kicked my leg and I fell down. I yelped as I fell. I looked at the person and saw Mia. My eyes widened in horrification as I began to tremble. "Hello Fullmetal." she said, smirking. She walked towards me and leaned down towards me. She put her finger close to me and I realized she had a piece of sharp metal on one of her fingers. My eyes widened again and I started squirming in fear. She moved my bangs away from my neck. She placed her finger on my neck and made a cut. I yelped as she made more cuts. "That's enough! Let him go!" Roy yelled, clearly angered. "I-I'm okay....I-I promise.." I whimpered and looked at Roy before falling unconscious.