It's Been So Long

Roy's POV
It's been four days. Four days since Ed and Al left. This mission was supposed to take at least only two days to complete. I was beginning to worry. I sighed as I worked on my paper work. Hawkeye walked into my office and took the pile of work I had already finished. "Colonel. Please calm down. I'm sure Ed is okay." She said softly. I looked at her. "How did you.....?" I asked. She smiled. "It's written all over your face Sir." She replied. I chuckled. "Oh. It's that clear huh?" I muttered. She nodded. "Also Sir, everyone can see that you want to propose. So, go ahead and do it when Ed gets back." She said as she stepped out of the room. My face turned scarlet. "Lieutenant!" I exclaimed. I sighed and continued to work. 'Proposing huh? That doesn't really sound like a bad idea.' I thought.
-After Work-
I walked into my house, and threw my coat on a chair. I walked towards my couch and laid down. "You better come home to me Ed. Or esle I won't forgive you." I muttered. Some how, Hawkeye's idea of proposing to Ed slipped into my thoughts again. "I wonder who's last name would change. I doubt Ed would change his. He'd probably force me to change mine. Edward Mustang. Or Roy Elric huh..?" I wondered aloud. I chuckled at the thought of Ed forcing me to change my last name. I really missed him. I sighed and stood up, walking to my kitchen. It had began raining once I got home, and now it was a full blown thunder storm. I walked to the cabinet, and opened it up. In there was a bottle of alcohol. When Ed found out I drank, he practically came into my room yelling. After, he made me promise to never drink. He even threw out so many bottles. And I let him. "Sorry Ed. I broke my promise." I apologized. Right when I was about to take a sip, there was a knock at my door. I sighed and put the glass down. "Who would be in their right minds to travel here in a storm?" I mumbled. I opened the door, and there stood the very person who founded my worries. "Ed." I gasped, as he grinned. Ed was wrapped in some bandages. Mostly on his arm, and I'm guessing his chest and stomach because I saw some bandages poking out of his clothes. He also had two bandages on his cheek and forehead. "I kept my promise." He replied. I pulled him into a hug and held him tight. "I missed you."