Just Once More

Ed's POV
I sighed and shook my head. "No way. Al and I can handle him." I replied. Roy looked at me in disbelief. "What?!" I snapped, starting to panic a bit. Roy's look softened and he sat next to me, pulling me into a hug. "See Ed? You're already starting to panic." He said softly to me. I grumbled a bit. "My answer still stands. Al and I can handle it." I stated. I felt him tighten his hug a bit, pushing me towards him more. "Ed...please....I don't want to risk losing you. Please...." He begged. I looked at him, and gently put my hand on his cheek. "Roy. Trust me. I'm going to be okay." I confirmed. He sighed and nodded. "Your not gonna give me a chance huh?" He asked. I shook my head. He sighed. "Okay. You and Al have to leave tomorrow morning for your mission." He sighed. I nodded. I climbed off of Roy, and held the file with the information firmly in my hand. "Promise me this Ed. Promise you'll be careful." He pleaded. I smiled at him. "I don't think that's a promise I can keep Roy. But I'll take it into consideration." I teased. Roy smirked. "Then promise me this. You'll come along with me and the team tonight. We're watching the stars." He suggested. "Hmmm. That I could do." I replied. "Although, I think Al has a cat I need to take care of tonight...." I trailed off. Roy groaned. "Ed come on...." He sighed, standing up and walking to his desk. I smiled playfully as I walked towards the door. "Okay okay. I'll be there." I laughed.
-Timeskip-
I smiled as everyone placed down blankets and sat down. Hawkeye and Havoc shared a blanket, meanwhile Fuery and Falman shared, Roy and I shared, and Al and Breda shared. Everyone was laying down, and Roy wrapped his arm around my waist. I smiled and rested my head on his arm. "The stars are really pretty tonight." I muttered. "Yeah." Roy agreed. Eventually, we had to leave. Everyone packed up the blankets, and I held the red blanket in my grip. "Ed you coming?" Havoc asked. "Yeah! Just gimme a sec!" I called back. He nodded and everyone continued to walk. I was about to catch up when Roy stopped me. "Roy seriously? Their gonna leave without us." I muttered. "So? We know the way home." He replied softly. He leaned down and kissed me gently. When we pulled apart I sighed. "You know, you don't have to get all dramatic..." I muttered again. Roy sadly smiled and pulled me into a hug. "I know I am. But I won't be able to do this for a bit. Just...let me hold you....just once more." He pleaded. Honestly, I saw his point. If the roles were switched, I'd be the same way. I hugged him back. "I love you so much Ed. I don't want to lose you again. After that first problem. Then you almost dying because of protecting me....I couldn't deal with it if I lo-" I cut him off as I slammed my lips onto his. "Would you shut up already? I'm not gonna die." I grumbled. "You're gonna make me cry Bastard." I added. "Heh. Sorry Ed."

Well guys. I think this story is coming to an end. There's five more chapters left to write. And, unless magically I get another idea, there'll be no more Broken Metal part three. I'm glad you guys enjoyed this though. It's gonna be sad ending this story. Welp, bai until next chapter