*Chapter 6*

The Burrow was shaped rather haphazardly to fit the large family. At the very top was Ron's room and there sat Harry, Ron, and Hermione. They waited patiently for Harry to explain what was going on. Harry was chewing on his lip and didn't realize he opened the bond and let Severus in. Just tell them, Severus told him. Harry was a bit surprised to hear his voice. If they're really your friends then this won't matter, Severus told him before closing the bond and leaving Harry alone with his thoughts. That was enough for Harry. He began explaining the ins and outs of courting. How he could tell when Snape was in pain. How he would feel it. It would feel like a dull ache. He explained the bond and how he could let Snape in and keep him out of his mind. Harry told them how he would know where Snape is(When he wasn't blocking him). Like now. He knew he was home. He also knew that Snape was feeling quite lonely but he didn't tell Ron and Hermione that. He told them that he would always know what Snape was feeling and if he was safe. Neither one of them could block that. Harry ended it by telling them it was for his protection. "Dumbledore thinks that this will keep me safe. That's why I agreed to it." Harry shrugged before saying, "Snape is kind of cool. We talked for a while today and he's like nice..." Harry trailed off. Hermione was looking at the ground. Thinking. Ron was looking at Harry. "Do you even like guys." Ron asked. His question surprised Harry. He never really thought about it. "I dunno." He answered honestly. "I don't think gender really matters, Its who they are as a person." Hermione looks up when Harry says this and She smiles at him. "That's sweet Harry." She stands and gives a small wave. "I'm off to bed." Hermione's head was buzzing but she kept all her thoughts to herself. Ron and Harry went to bed after that.

Harry laid there. He couldn't sleep. He opened the bond and reached out for Severus. Are you awake? Even in his mind it was a whisper. Severus was and he smiled softly, Shouldn't you be sleeping?
I could say the same to you, Harry pointed out.
True. Snape's thoughts were very soft and made Harry feel okay. Sleeping brought nightmares.
I don't sleep much, Harry confided but Snape already knew this.
I don't either. Severus decided he didn't need sleep. Want to go for a walk? He asked Harry.
Harry smiled to himself, I'll meet you outside.

After the bond was closed, Severus just had to apparate to the Weasleys. Harry had to sneak out. He left a note on the bed just in case Ron woke up while he was gone. He began to sneak downstairs. Surprisingly, he woke no one and was able to leave without anyone knowing.

Harry met Severus outside and they walked. They didn't go far. They just walked across the Weasley's property. They talked and joked. Harry felt like they were really friends. After a while they laid down in the grass and stared at the stars. Harry was tired and his thought process was a bit slow. He reached out took Severus's hand. Severus squeezed his hand softly. They lay there for a long time. They didn't move until the sun started to show its face.

Severus was the first to stand. He pulled Harry with him. "I'll see you later." Harry yawned while he spoke.
"After you sleep." Severus told him with a smile. Severus watched Harry enter the house before he went to his. With the sun rising and all the sane people waking, Harry and Severus fell asleep. They both slept better than they had in a long time.

Ron shook Harry awake the next day. Harry felt like he only slept a few hours. "Come on mate. It's almost one. We're going to Fred and George's shop today." That was enough to get Harry up. While he was eating lunch with the others he learned that Fred and George had left early that morning and how well Weasley's Wizards Wheezes was going. "They're a bit of light in the darkness that is about to crash down on us." Ginny said in a soft voice. Everyone turned to stare at her but she just shrugged. Everyone knew she was right.

After everyone was full of food and shoes were on, they took the floo to Diagon Ally. They went in pairs which was rather uncomfortable but it was to keep everyone safe. The first stop they made was the Twins joke shop. Harry, Ron, and Hermione made their way through aisles of things they knew all too well. "Its weird isn't it?" Hermione asked as they passed a window. "It seems our whole life has led to this." She was referring to the darkness that was crashing down on us. Harry and Ron stood on either side of her and stated at the sky. Everything seemed gloomy here. Even the laughter of the kids around them didn't brighten the situation that was controlling the world. Harry forced a smile and looked at his friends. "Its not all bad. We have each other. You both have your families." Ron and Hermione looked at Harry sympathetically. "Harry," Hermione said softly. "You have a family too."
"Yea Mate." Ron chimed in. "We're your family. All of us, Remus and Hagrid too." Harry looked around. He could find the Weasley's easily. He looked back at Ron and Hermione. "I guess so."

After that, Harry tried not to feel so bad for himself. When he tried to buy puking pestels to put in Ron's tea, Fred and George wouldn't let him pay. "For you its free." Fred stated.
"Without you, this would all be a dream." George slapped his shoulder. Harry tried to argue but they wouldn't hear it. Harry and his winnings from the goblet of fire got the store up and running.

They all spent more time then necessary at the shop before going through the sad streets of Diagon ally to get the rest of their school supplies. The town was trashed and dark as if the town itself was mourning. Olivanders was closed. The wizard was missing. No one was really looking for him. After they had everything, they left. The place didn't hold any of its charm anymore and no one saw a reason to stay. Back at the Burrow, Remus was waiting. He looked tired and worn but he always looked that way. "Harry," He smiled like he hadn't seen Harry yesterday. "I've come to take you away." He joked. Harry hugged him.
"Take me where?" Harry asked.
"House of Black. Its yours now, We have a lot to discuss." Remus wrapped his arm around Harry's shoulder. Harry's heart clenched at the thought of returning to Grimmauld Place. He turned to look at his friends. "I'll see you later then."

A/N: This is so long