*Chapter 22*

When Harry woke up, he was alone. He looked next to him and a note was laying beside Harry. Harry wondered how Severus was able to get up without Harry feeling it. Harry brushed the thought out of his head and picked up the note.

Harry,

I had to talk to Dumbledore. I'm not sure what's going to happen after I tell Dumbledore. Harry, I need you to hide. Stay in my chambers. They're guarded. No one will be able to get to you. Please stay there until tonight. Wait as long as you can. You're going to hear some really bad things about me. Don't believe them. I'll explain everything later.

Severus.

Harry felt like leaving as soon as he finished the note but he didn't want to betray Sev's trust. Harry's watch read 12:00pm. He had classes today. Harry just shrugged. Severus would explain. Harry showered, got dressed. He sat on the bed. Moved around the room. Went through Sev's stuff. He was fine, just bored, until 7:30pm. Harry began to hear the screams. Harry immediately grabbed his wand and raced out of the room and up the stairs. He followed the noise to the great hall. All the kids were there. But there wasn't a fight. Everyone was staring out the window. Hermione turned and had tears streaming down her face. "Oh Harry." Hermione whispered. She ran over to him and threw her arms around him, pulling him close. Harry held her. He didn't know what was going on. Everyone was staring at him, as if he should be the one sobbing. Everyone seemed to have tears in their eyes. "What's going on?" Harry asked.

Whispers started to fill the hall. He really doesn't know? Where was he?

Hermione pulled back to look at him. Harry started to look at all the faces. All the teachers were there, except Sev. Dumbledore was there, looking rather distraught. Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Neville, Luna, Seamus, Dean... The students were there. Everyone just stared. "What's going on?" He all but yelled. Hermione took a step back, how could she tell him? Harry was beginning to panic. "Listen mate." Ron said. He took a step closer to Harry. Ron was clearly holding back tears. "We didn't even know what was happening. They were here and then they weren't. We thought Snape was going to help but he was one of them. They were here for something but we don't know what it was." Ron was rambling and made no sense. Hermione shook her head and took a deep breath.
"Harry," She said softly. "Two Death eaters came into the school. They were hexing us but they didn't get very far. Snape stopped them. We thought Snape was going to help us but he just helped the Death eaters. They took Draco. Draco wasn't exactly willingly. He tried to fight them and he was knocked unconscious. Remus saw. He tried to stop them." Tears started to fall from Hermione's eyes. "Snape killed Remus."

It can't be true. Harry wouldn't believe it. "Where's his-," Harry cleared his throat. "Body. Where is Remus's body?" Harry could barely force the words out. This time Ginny answered in a small voice. "They took him. Snape apparated. I don't know how, but they did."

"The protection was down. Everything was down today." Dumbledore said. "Minerva, make sure everyone is alright and get them back to their towers." Dumbledore instructed. McGonagall nodded curtly and started to give students instructions and stern looks. If she was affected by tonight's events, she didn't show it. Dumbledore nudged Harry towards the door. "Come with me." Harry numbly followed Dumbledore to his office. Harry was seated in a chair opposite of Dumbledore's desk, but he didn't feel like sitting. He didn't feel like anything. Harry wanted to crawl into a very dark cave and never come out. Harry wanted Sirius there. And Remus. Harry wanted to miss his parents but couldn't. He didn't know them. He didn't know how to miss them. But he loved Remus and he loved Sirius. And he missed them more than he ever missed anyone. Harry talked to Remus the night before. Remus came to one of Harry's training sessions with Kingsley. He told Harry he was proud of him. Harry made up with Remus the week before. Remus wasn't mad at Harry. He should have been.