*Chapter 21*

Severus Snape did return that night. It was late. Very late. The dark Lord was planning an attack and Severus helped. After evenings like this, Severus felt dirty and he fancied a shower. It used to be fun. Fun to talk about destroying things and control over the entire wizarding world. Power was exciting, of course. But now... Knowing that he was putting lives in danger just made him sick to his stomach.

It was very late when he returned. So late that he didn't bother waking Dumbledore to tell him about what Voldemort planned. It could wait until the morning. Severus planned to shower and then attempt to sleep but his insomnia was back. He didn't bother taking a sleep potion. He'd feel tired either way.

He walked into his chamber, surprised by the light. On his couch, fully clothed and looking rather comfortable, was Harry Potter. He was sleeping, curled into a ball, as if he fell asleep trying to hold himself together. Severus stood in the doorway watching the sleeping boy. His mouth was sligjtly ajar and his hair was messy, as usual. His glasses rested crookedly on his face. Severus could watch Harry's chest rise and fall and be content. It meant Harry was breathing. Alive. That was enough.

When Severus looked at Harry now, he saw Harry. Brave, confident, strong, but a little broken. Harry was smart and kind. Harry was beautiful. Inside and out. With his striking green eyes and friendly smile... Only a fool would hate him. A fool like Severus Snape. When Severus first laid eyes on this boy, he saw James. Arrogant, self-centered arsehole. The boy that tormented him for years. But as the years passed, he was able to really see and he slowly began to lose the hate that seemed to make up his body.

Severus Snape did not deserve Harry Potter. Harry Potter should not have loved him. Professor Snape did nothing over the years to even gain Harry's respect, let alone his love. Harry had every right to hate this man. To hate Snape. With his sharp tongue and biased opinions. How could anyone love him. Harry does-did. Severus didn't know anymore.

To be insecure is bad. To be made of insecurities... That was Snape. Standing there, watching Harry's chest rise and fall, Severus tried to understand why Harry would he there and not in Gryffindor tower. Severus could not find a logical reason because Severus could not see why Harry would want to be anywhere near him. Severus was tired and made of insecurities. Thinking was not the best option at the moment. He gave a tired sigh and walked over to Harry. He gently removed Harry's glasses and set them on the table. Severus conjured a blanket to lay over Harry. Severus leaned down and placed a soft kiss on Harry's forehead before he made his way to the bathroom to take a shower.

When he walked out of the bathroom he was dressed in his Pajama's. Harry was sitting on the edge of his bed. "I didn't mean to wake you." Severus told him quietly. Harry sighed and stood up.
"What are we? Are we not courting? Is this for my protection. Did you suddenly decide that you don't want me?" Harry asked. He tried to keep his voice steady but it cracked towards the end. Severus leaned against the wall opposite of Harry.
"I thought that's what you wanted. This is the first time I've seen you in over two weeks and its when you're mad."

Harry curled his hands into fist. His anger was returning. "I haven't had the time! I had to skip training to sit down here and wait for you and Kingsley is going to be pissed off tomorrow." Harry rolled his eyes and told Severus about his new training and everything that Dumbledore and Kingsley have been doing. "So what are we?" Harry asked again. "Because I love you and all these lies from everyone is killing me."

Severus let his head fall back and hit the wall. "I am so sorry Harry. I had no idea." He said, feeling like a complete jerk. "I'm sorry for assuming. And the lies. I'm sorry I even let the school know about us. It just made things difficult." Severus wanted to keep apologizing but Harry was shaking his head.
"The day after everyone knew, I heard some things... About you getting hurt and I didn't want to be the reason anything bad happened to you. I was going to tell you about it but I never had the time." Harry looked at the ground and continued. "I took a walk that night and thought for a while. I decided that it was something we needed to talk about. I needed to know where you stood with all this. But I'm glad everyone knows. I can take your hand in the hall if I want. I don't have sneak down here to kiss you. We could be a real couple. We don't have to hide."

When Harry finished his little speech, Severus had crossed the room and pushed Harry back on the bed. He was kissing Harry in a way that should've been illegal. Harry's head was spinning and he had to pull away for air. "Woah." He whispered as Severus trailed wet kisses down his neck.

Usually Severus would have stopped this before it got too far and Harry would have whined and they would have cuddled. But this time, Severus couldn't stop. And he didn't. Harry didn't want Severus to stop. Harry wanted Severus. All of him. And that's exactly what Harry got.

****Let your minds run wild****

Harry laid his head on Sev's chest, their legs tangled together. Harry's breathing was slowly returning to normal. Severus had his arm wrapped around Harry, holding him close. Not wanting to move. "I love you." Harry said quietly as his fingers intertwined with Sev's.
"I love you too."

Shortly after that, Harry fell asleep. Severus watched him sleep for a few moments before he fell asleep. Feeling better than he had in a long time.

A/N: There will be death in the next chapter. You have been warned. Anyways, comment and like or whatever. Yea:) (Sorry the beginning was weird.)