*Chapter 25*

Harry jolted awake when he heard a scream. He panicked and fell out of bed. Disoriented from waking up suddenly and hitting his head, he couldn't figure out what was going on. He felt someone crouch down next to him and realized it was Severus. "Are you alright Harry?" Severus asked quickly. Someone was still yelling. Harry sat up and untangled himself from the blankets. He reached up on the table that sat next to bed and put on his glasses. He looked over at the door as all his friends rushed into the room and pointed their wands at Severus who was still trying to make sure Harry was okay.
"Oi. Put your wands down." Harry told them. They were still staring so Harry stood and Sev stood with him. Harry took his hand to make his point. "Its fine. He's going to explain everything." Harry took a step in front of Severus. Severus was a good 4 or 5 inches taller than Harry so it wasn't very protective.

Luna was the first to lower her wand and nod at Harry. Neville was next, followed by Hermione. Ron was a little reluctant but lowered his wand. Harry sighed. "Now please get out."

Luna ushered everyone out and pulled the door shut behind her. "How does your head feel?" Severus asked, completely unfazed by what just took place.
Harry dismissed the thought with a wave of his hand. "I'm fine. Are you okay?" Harry took Sev's face in his hands. He looked better than he had yesterday but still a little weak.
"I'm fine." Severus assured Harry. Harry nodded and went to find some clothes and change. He brushed his teeth and his hair.

Harry walked out of the bathroom after brushing his teeth and was surprised to see Severus dressed in new clothes and looking rather nice. Harry leaned up to kiss him. Severus wrapped his arms around Harry's waist and kissed Harry back. "You have to explain what happened." Harry reminded him when he pulled away . Severus nodded and took Harry's hand, walking downstairs and to the kitchen. Everyone was already seated there. Waiting.

Harry and Severus sat down. Ron was staring rather angrily at Harry. "Why is he here?" Ron asked.

"He's going to tell us what really happened that night." Harry said calmly. With no warning, Severus started his story.

"Voldemort decided that he wanted Draco. He was going to keep him as a sort of leverage over Lucius Malfoy. That night, two death eaters were supposed to get Draco and leave. That's it. Before Draco was taken, I was talking to Dumbledore. The dark Lord also wanted Dumbledore to be killed. By me. He ordered me to kill Dumbledore. I couldn't do it. On my way out, I ran into Remus. I quickly explained what was going on and ran off. I didn't know he was following me." Severus paused and took a deep breath. "In the corridor, I helped them subdue Draco. Voldemort had no intention to hurt Draco so I wasn't worried about him. When Remus came running after me, I had to stun him. I was afraid one of the Death eaters would kill him. I stunned him. I don't know why everyone assumed he was dead. Anyways, I apparated and Remus came along. I had to apparate as soon as I landed at the dark Lord's hideout and was splinched. Remus was hurt worse than I was but he understood why I couldn't take him to Voldemort's. He would've been killed. We apparated to my house and he was badly hurt. Like magic-couldn't-heal-him hurt. I did as much as I could and he's fine. He just can't move for a while. He's staying at my place. Dumbledore wrote me and told me that everyone thought I killed Remus. I would never." Severus finished.

A stunned silence followed his very long story. "No. We saw you. He was dead!" Ron argued. Harry was chewing on his lip and letting the story sink in.
"No, you saw me stun Remus. I would never kill him. I care about Harry too much." Severus cupped Harry's cheek. Harry closed his eyes and leaned into his hand. Harry was relieved but he needed to see Remus. Make sure he was okay. Luna had the same idea.
"Professor, can we see him?" She asked quietly. She was only one who seemed unaffected by the news.

"Of course." Severus replied smoothly. "Whenever you're all ready, we'll leave."

Everyone was a little unsure about going to Snape's house. Ron was sure this was a trap, although Hermione would never admit it, she agreed. Neville was still afraid of Snape. That never changed. Luna wanted to trust Snape. Give him the benefit of the doubt but all of this seemed to be moving just a bit fast. If Severus and Remus were okay, then why did Snape wait so long before telling Harry? Luna didn't have time to ask questions or do anything. Everyone wanted to make sure Remus was okay as soon as possible. Everyone put on shoes and made sure they had their wands. None of them were allowed to apparate yet. (Not that it really mattered at this point.) So floo it was. Severus went first and the rest followed. They stepped into Sev's Living room. Harry thought about calling Dobby and asking him to put up Christmas decorations.

The thought was cut short when he noticed Remus sleeping on the couch. He was alive. Harry could see his chest rise and fall. He could also see the bandages wrapped around his arm. From shoulder to wrist. But, he was alive. He looked rather uncomfortable. "I told him he could have the guest bedroom. He refused to take it." Severus told them. His voice low, as to not wake Remus. But it was no use. Remus started to stretch and slowly open his eyes. He looked at us surprised. "Harry?" He said, his voice gravelly. Harry nodded and made his way over to Remus.
"Are you okay?" Harry asked quietly, kneeling down next to Remus. Remus sat up a bit and nodded. "Yea. I'm fine. Thanks to Severus that is. He's been exceptionally nice to me, considering he kind of hates me." Remus laughed quietly and Harry cracked a smile.
"I thought you were dead." Harry said "I cried for you. I thought you were dead. And Sirius is dead. I thought I lost you too." Harry's voice became a whisper towards the end. Despite the wounds on his arms, Remus hugged Harry.
"But I'm not dead. I would've written you but all the letters have been intercepted and read. I need everyone to believe I'm dead. That wasn't the original plan but its the plan now." Remus let go of Harry and looked around at everyone else in the room. "I trust you all. You can keep this a secret." Everyone nodded in agreement.

A/N: Okay. This chapter was hella confusing If you don't understand feel free to ask. I feel like this was written weird blehh.