*Chapter 19*

Harry could barely take it by the time he made it to his last class of the day. Defense. He was sitting all the way in The back, by himself when Draco decided to sit next to him. Severus wasn't in the class yet. He was in his office trying to calm down. His day wasn't easy either. Professor, are you really dating Harry Potter? Is it because he's famous? Are you just protecting him? Do you even like him? Is it okay for a student to date a professor? I heard you aren't really dating. What's really going on professor?

It was tiring. but Harry had it much worse. Since he woke up, he was being tormented. He was nearly hexed twice. It seemed that every person here was out to get him. Potter and Snape. A match made in hell. How'd you get Snape to fall for you? It cannot be real. They're lying. It's a joke.
And that was just from two Slytherin. Everyone else just stared and somehow that was worse than the words. They didn't talk to Harry. Just watched him. Their eyes followed him down the corridors. They looked down when he looked up. Harry was ready to scream. So when Draco Malfoy took the seat next to him, Harry pulled out his wand and pointed it at the blonde boys chest, daring him to say a word.
"Calm down, Potter. I just want to talk." Draco said quickly. The rest of the class was talking loudly so no one could hear them.

Harry lowered his wand but didn't say anything. He laid his head on the desk and decided he was going to ignore Draco. "You know, Snape is the head of Slytherin. We all have a lot of respect for him." Draco started. "And we have no respect for you. Its hard to see this. And considering you're a student, he's our professor... It's weird." Draco took a deep breath. When Harry didn't answer, Draco lowered his voice and leaned close to Harry. "Voldemort knows. He knows and he wants Snape dead."

Harry pushed away from the table and his chair scraped loudly against the floor. Everyone turned to look at him, including Severus who had decided to walk in. Sev stood at the front of the class. Harry stared back at him. Tears started to fill Harry's eyes so he turned and ran out of the classroom. He started to run down the long corridor and up the stairs. "Harry!"
Harry could hear his name being called but he didn't stop until he was half way down another corridor. He stopped and leaned against a wall. He slowly slid the ground and brought his knees up to his chest. He could feel the tears sliding down his cheeks. He was only alone for a few moments.

He was beginning to breath normally again when Severus stood in front of him. He didn't say anything, he just sat next to Harry. They sat there and stared at the wall opposite of them.
"Sev I-" Harry started to say but he was interrupted by being pulled into a hug.
"Harry." Severus sighed. "I love you."

Harry's words caught in his throat. He hugged Severus back. "I'm just going to hurt you." Harry whispered. He pushed Severus away. "I don't want to hurt you. Or be the reason you get hurt." Harry turned and left Severus there. Harry went to his dormitory and threw himself down on the bed.

Severus sat there for a moment before standing and making his way back to the dungeons. "Class dismissed." He said darkly. He didn't wait for the class to leave. He just walked into his office and slammed the door. He never wanted to cry so bad in his life. But he was Severus Snape. Severus Snape did not cry. But he did punch the dungeon wall. He punched the wall again. And again. And again... Until his hand was throbbing and bleeding. He could not get anything right. He felt like a teenager again. Constantly screwing up and taking his anger out on himself. He spied for Harry. When that stopped being useful, he stopped for Harry. Now Harry was.. What? Trying to protect him. Snape snorted at the thought. I should shag my best friends brother. But his best friend was in Azkaban and didn't have a brother. Instead he went to the next best thing. Remus Lupin. He wasn't going to shag him. He'd kill himself before he shagged Remus Lupin. He knocked on the door with his good hand.

"Hey Severus. What's going on?" Remus asked concerned, letting the distraught wizard into his room.

Severus sighed. Where did he start. Like always, he started with Harry.

*****Page Break*****

Harry had a way of turning up in the wrong place at the wrong time. After hours of shifting restlessly in bed, he slipped under his invisibility cloak and decided to walk around. He found himself in the dungeons even though he had no intention of going to Severus. Harry sat on the steps and tried to think of a way out of all of this. It seemed simple. Simple if Harry was strong, which, contrary to popular belief, he was not. Sure, he was a strong wizard, meaning he could cast a spell and he could do it well. But when it came to dealing with emotions and making decisions based on these emotions, he was extremely weak.

For example: When he thought Sirius was in trouble. He could've escaped Umbridge and went to Severus and told him what was going on. Or with Cho. He was a total arse when it came to her. He didn't make the best decision with Cedric either. One bad choice after another had brought him to this. Severus.

Harry wanted to go find Severus and kiss him. He wanted to tell Severus about all the things he loved about him. Harry wanted to be able to feel him and know that he's okay. But Harry also wanted Severus to be okay. Being with Harry had caused him more problems than it was worth. And now that people knew... Harry couldn't imagine his life without Severus. Before Summer started, Harry lost everything. He was emotionally drained and broken. Severus was the glue that held the pieces together. Severus wasn't the obvious boyfriend for Harry. Or should he say mate? It all sounds wrong. The point is, Severus was Harry's unlikely love, but they loved each other. Harry couldn't imagine his life without Severus. Not after this. But Harry had a feeling that he was going to find out soon.

With a tired sigh, Harry stood and made his way back to his bed. He made up his mind and for the first time in as long time, he felt like he made the right decision.

***** Page Break *****

Severus was not the best at making decisions either. He joined the bloddy Death Eaters! But now he actually had to decide what was best for Harry. Severus had loved two people in his life. Lily Evans and Harry Potter. He used to believe that he was in love with Lily but what he felt for Harry was way better than what he felt for Lily. Lily was his best friend, until he ruined it.

Severus told Remus about Harry leaving the class and what he said in the hallway. He told Remus about all the comments he heard throughout the day. Remus listened and when Severus was finished, Remus took his injured hand and healed it.
"Harry loves you." Remus said quietly, laying Severus's now healed hand, down. "Whether I like it or not, he loves you. You guys are going to be together no matter what happens."

Severus Snape thanked Remus and headed back to his room with his decision made. As he laid down to go to sleep, he could feel his heart deteriorate.

A/N: Do you guys know what will happen?????