*Chapter 20*

The last two weeks of October were unbearable for Severus and Harry. They didn't speak. They didn't look at each other. Harry never went to DADA. Harry did start talking to Ron and Hermione again. He could smile and laugh but more often than not, he was wondering if Severus was thinking about him. With the lack of time spent together, their bond seemed rather weak. Harry could barely feel Severus but he didn't know if it was from the bond weakening or if Severus really did not feel.

Severus didn't really feel anything at all. He threw himself into his potions. He wasn't the teacher but he still made potions for the entire school. He made potions and improved them. He didn't give himself time to think. Not until night came. He barely slept but he laid there and let all the emotions he avoided crash onto him. Harry was avoiding him. Or was Severus avoiding Harry? The silence must have been a break up right? Severus wasn't good with Relationships. He had a string of one night stands but nothing that could help him with this. Severus knew what he had to do and decided that he could no longer put it off.

On November 1st, Draco Malfoy made his way into Professor Snape's office. Snape was his Godfather so Draco wasn't surprised he'd been called down. He suspected an explanation for this whole Harry thing, and that's just what he got.

Severus wasted no time. After the normal Hellos and how are yous, Severus jumped into explaining to Draco. He avoided the truth.
"I was pretending to court Harry for his protection. I refuse to do that anymore. The Dark Lord has forbidden it." Severus told Draco. He knew Draco would tell anyone who would listen. Once Draco was on his way, Severus was making his way to where Voldemort sat waiting.
"Ah, Severus." Voldemort nodded at him. Severus took this as an invitation to sit. Severus sat opposite of Voldemort at the long table. The room was so deadly silent that the space did not stop them from hearing each other.
"I hope you have come with news." Voldemort steepled his fingers under his chin.

"Of course, my Lord." Severus deadpanned. "Dumbledore has requested I court Harry Potter but the boy has denied me. The boy is weaker than ever." The lies just seemed to roll out. Harry didn't deny him. Harry loves-ed him. Harry was actually stronger than ever. Magically. Not emotionally.

Voldemort nodded. "Do you think now is a good time to attack?" Voldemort asked. Not because Severus's opinion mattered, because it didn't. If Snape answered 'no', then he could not be trusted. By saying no he was implying that the dark Lord was not strong enough. But if he was to say yes, then he was still Voldemort's most loyal follower.

"Yes, my Lord." Severus told him.

With a twisted smile, Voldemort dismissed Severus.

*****Page Break*****

Back at the castle, Harry was mad. No, he was furious. In less than an hour the story had gotten back to Harry. Harry made his way to Snape's office, seeing that Severus was not there made Harry angrier. Harry knew Severus wasn't in the castle. He knew from the bond that was still intact. Draco told the entire school. (Leaving out Voldemort of course.) Harry couldn't believe Severus would do this. Harry decided to take some time to think about all this. He loved Severus but putting him in danger was not an option. Harry wanted to tell Severus all of this, he just couldn't find the time. He spent all His nights with Dumbledore, learning about horcruxes and ways to defeat Voldemort. Kingsley came to the school everyday to teach him how to defend himself. He spent more time practicing spells then he did sleeping. He barely slept. Most nights he would toss and turn. And now this story floating around. Harry was ready to explode.

Harry knew Severus wasn't in the castle. There was only one place he could be. With Voldemort. Harry was fuming. He was mad at Severus for starting this story. Snape told me the real story. Draco drawled at dinner. They aren't courting at all. Harry replayed the scene in his head and wanted to punch something. Like Severus. He wanted to punch Severus. He never would, of course.

After pacing for several minutes, Harry sat at Severus's desk and waited rather impatiently for Sev to return.

A/N: I was going to add more but decided that I would open the next chapter with it. There will be death. Someone is going to die soon. I will not tell!
Btw excuse mistakes. I'm lazy. K? K.