*Chapter 11*

As soon as Harry was upstairs, he attempted to blend into the crowd. Key word: attempted. As soon as he stepped into the crowd, he was was pulled out of it and slammed into a wall. "Good to see you Potter," Malfoy sneered. Seeing Malfoy caused a lot of bitter anger to creep itself through Harry's body. "How's daddy?" Harry shot back pushing him. Lucius Malfoy was spending some quality time with dementors. (A/N: How do dementors freshen their breath? With Dementos! Hahaahaha. Back to the story.)
"Better than your Godfather." Malfoy glared, knowing where and how hard to hit Harry with words. Harry was going to punch Draco because reaching for his wand seemed too tedious, but once again someone grabbed his shoulder and pulled him back. One furious redhead was now standing in front of Harry. "Shove off Malfoy." Ron growled. This was Ron's way of saying he somewhat forgave Harry. Hermione grabbed Harry's arm and the three of them turned and walked into the great hall. Malfoy said something insulting but Harry didn't care. He was too confused. He was standing between his two best friends. He knew he didn't deserve them but here they were. Just like they always were.

Harry took a seat at the Gryffindor table. He was still between Ron and Hermione and he looked between the two. "You aren't mad?" Harry asked quietly as everyone else filed into the hall.
"Oh I'm furious." Ron said. "You hurt my brother and my sister. But I know you didn't mean to hurt either and I guess I get it." Ron shrugged and slapped his shoulder. "Your my best mate. The past is the past."

Hermione just smiled up at Harry. Harry didn't question it. He just accepted it. Harry looked at the head table as McGonagall came in with the first years. A certain potions master smiled at him and Harry couldn't help but give a cheeky grin back. Harry noticed a new face and assumed the new DADA teacher. The hat sat on the stool and he began to sing.

I know you hear the worry in their voice as they explain
The time is here again. You will experience true pain
I've been around too long some will say
Long enough to say that the times are not okay
The sky is screaming. The war has begun, can't you tell?
The dark Lord is back. He never fell.
Look around. Everyone must be your friend
Or you will watch the world come to an end.

The entire hall was silent. Some were even holding their breath. A shocked McGonagall pushed a shaking first year forward and the sorting began.

After the sorting and the oddly depressing hat was taken away, Dumbledore stood. "I hope you all are well and will join me to welcome back Professor Slughorn." The new face stood and waved as the students clapped politely. "He will be taking the potions post." Shocked voices filled the hall and Hermione and Ron looked at Harry but Harry was just as confused. "And Professor Snape will take over Defense Against The Dark Arts." Snape didn't stand. He just sat looking all brooding and cool but when he caught Harry's eye, he winked. The movement was so swift that any other student assumed they were seeing things. With that Dumbledore sat down and the feast started.

"You really didn't know?" Hermione asked while Harry played with his food. He didn't feel like eating right now. "No. He didn't tell me." Harry sighed. "I'm going to the loo." Harry told them. He pushed away from the table and left the hall. Harry wasn't mad at Severus. He didn't care that Severus hadn't told him. Harry was confused. Severus wanted that job for years. Why did he get it now?

Harry was too lost in thought to pay attention to much of anything. "Shouldn't you be at the feast, Mr. Potter?" At the sound of his voice, Harry turned around and grinned. "I could say the same to you, professor." Harry said before walking over to him and hugging him. Being confused didn't stop Harry realizing that Severus always wanted this job and this was a big deal. "Congratulations Sev." Harry said softly. Severus grinned and kissed the top of his head. "Thank you. I wanted to surprise you." Severus pulled back slightly to make Harry look at him. "You aren't angry, right?"
Harry shook his head. "No. Definitely not. I am surprised." Harry smiled. He started to hear voices and foot steps and sighed. He kissed Severus quickly and took multiple steps away from him. "Goodnight." Harry turned and started walking up the stairs. He could hear Severus bid him goodnight before going to his own quarters.

Harry somehow found Ron and Hermione. "Hey," Harry waved them down.
"Are you okay?" Hermione asked, obviously worried. Harry decided to shrug. He was alive. He wasn't necessarily sad. He would rather be laying next to Severus or maybe even celebrating. Sev finally had the position he wanted. But Harry was walking with his friends. So sure, he was okay. He turned and gave Hermione a smile. "I'm grand."

A/N: Yay. This was long-ish right? So yea. Tell me what you think. Oh btw, I wrote the hat's song. I do poetry and stuff. I only do sad stuff so that's why the song is so... Yea.