*Chapter 28*

The air was filled with smoke and cries. The first part of the battle ended with many lost lives. Harry was walking across the grounds, looking for signs of life or a familiar face. Everything happened so fast it didn't seem real.

*5 hours earlier*

Harry reread the letter from Remus before handing Hermione the letter. "What should we do?" Harry asked, his friends gathered around to read over Hermione's shoulder.
"I think-" Hermione started before a loud bang echoed through school. The front doors slamming open. Hermione and Ron looked at Harry with wide eyes, expecting him to spring into action. But Harry was shocked.... and afraid. He wasn't sure what to do but he stood and grabbed his wand.
Don't.
He heard the warning in Sev's voice, but that didn't stop him.
I have to. Harry replied before pushing Severus out of his mind and racing straight towards the Death Eaters that were now attacking students.

*End of flash back thing*

Harry didn't know where Sev was. He couldn't get to his thoughts or feel anything. There was a lot of nothing and Harry didn't understand. Their bond couldn't be broken without Harry agreeing. Unless Sev found a way to do that. That was the only way. Sev found a way to break the bond. Harry kept repeating this to himself. Severus couldn't be dead. That's the only other way that Harry wouldn't be able to tell where Severus was.

Harry shined his light down on the body he'd just found and nearly collapsed. Percy Weasley was laying at his feet, eyes opened wide.
"He saved Fred... Jumped in front of him." A voice said behind Harry. Harry turned to look at Ron who was avoiding Harry's gaze.
"We haven't seen him in months ya know. He was moving up in the ministry and didn't want to be tied to blood traitors." Ron's bottom lip started to tremble. "But he saved Fred. No ones told mum yet. We don't know how." Tears started sliding down Ron's cheek. Harry pulled Ron into a tight hug and let his friend stain his tattered shirt with his tears.

Ron held onto Harry for a bit before letting him go and looking down at his brother again. Harry waved a few people over to take Percy's body into the school.

The first part of the battle ended when Voldemort tried to persuade Harry turn himself in. Harry was thinking about it. He didn't need anyone else to die. He got most of the younger kids out but he recognized a few who didn't leave. McGonagall was sending them to the Three Broomsticks. Apparently, they'd be safe there. But there was so many kids and not enough time. Some stayed behind and now they would be buried when all of this was over.

"Have you found Severus?" Hermione asked quietly when she found Harry and Ron.
Harry shook his head. "I found Remus. He's fine. Few cuts and bruises. Nothing to be worried about. Tonks is unconscious but alive. Dumbledore is missing and Severus is probably with Voldemort. Hagrid is gone as well." Harry tried to think of anyone else he hasn't seen. He thought he saw Luna helping some people and Lavender was gone. Killed. Murdered. Along with many others. Percy, Colin, Seamus, Pavarti, Slughorn, and many other names.

"I have to go." Harry said after a few moments of silence. "I have to go to Voldemort."

Ron and Hermione looked at Harry with no surprise on their face. They expected this. They just didn't know what to say. Tears started to slide down her face, slowly like she was trying to stop it.
"Oh Harry." She said softly. She wrapped her arms around his neck. Harry hugged her back and held back his own tears. He knew he was going to his death.

Their goodbyes were short. It was better that way. Harry quietly made his way through the forest. He didn't bother bringing his cloak. He left it with Ron. He would walk in with his head held high. He walked into the cave that he hadn't returned to since he was 12 years old.

Voldemort sat in the centre of the room. He was surrounded by spiders and all his loyal followers. The room fell silent when Harry stepped into their sight. Harry recognized quite a few people. Narcissa, Bellatrix, the spiders. Harry's heart stopped when he spotted Severus. Harry was relieved. Severus was alive, but Severus would see Harry die. Harry hoped he wouldn't watch.

Hagrid was there. He seemed shocked to see Harry. Harry attempted to give Hagrid a half smile but his face wasn't cooperating. Hagrid burst into tears.

Severus was staring at Harry. Trying to get him to leave but their bond was gone. Earlier that day, Severus took a potion to break the bond. He didn't want Harry to feel anything that happened to him. Severus knew this war would be hard and he needed Harry to focus. But now, Severus wanted Harry to run. He wanted to shout. The shock of it all stopped Severus. He just stood there and stared.

"I knew you'd come." Voldemort smiled. His face contorted oddly, making his smile look like a grimace.

"Well that makes one of us." Harry tried to joke but it didn't clear any of the tension. Harry could feel Sev's eyes on his face. Harry didn't look at Severus. He didn't look at him until Voldemort raise his wand. Harry looked into Sev's eyes and mouthed, 'I love you.' Then there was a flash of green and darkness.

A/N: I promised an update and there it is. I semi edited this so excuse mistakes. Comment and ish. Let me know what you thought.

E/N: Well now it's fully edited :)