The Siblings Talk

We went back to our place and immediately called the guys. I can’t wait to hear how Sean sounds like.

            “How long do you want this to be?” Sean immediately answered,

            “It’s a great deed you just did, Cimino.” Andy’s voice was dark, “Well done.”

            “Listen here, pal. I am sick of you making us do useless shit! You’re getting us nowhere!”

            “On the contrary, you’re a few steps closer to the kids.”

            “Bullshit.”

            “No! Not Ally!” Nate improvised, “Don’t hurt her!”

            “Nate, get out of the way.” I played along, “I’ll be fine.”

            “If you try to deny anything I say, the kids get it.” Andy warned, “Especially the girl, she’s been bad.”

            “Don’t you dare hurt those innocent kids!” I heard Cubbie, “We kept our part of the deal!”

            “That’s what I like to hear.” He sinisterly grinned like they could see it.

            “But that twat’s leading us nowhere!” Sean said, but it was meant for the guys.

            “I’m not risking my son and Ally, Sean.” Cubbie said, “It might take us nowhere, but I can’t let that twat lay a single finger on them.”

            “I’m sorry. The thing just gets me, okay?”

            “Look, we’ll keep on doing this until you tell us where the kids are.” Mark said,           

            “I think I know now!” Pontius exclaimed, “You want each of us to suffer, do you? Look, you lost your brother and you didn’t get to fulfill his last wish. We’re sorry about that and I know that your brother won’t be happy with this.”

            Andy panicked for a while, not knowing what to say. “We’re not done yet.” And then he hung up.

            I cackled, “Ha! You ran out of words to say!”           

            He scowled, “Hey, it’s not you who needs to talk to them. All you do is pretend to be scared and be beaten up. Can’t you be more like Nate? He just sits there and can actually make a great lie.”                       

            I placed my hands over my chest in mock disbelief, “Why, I can’t believe what you just said to me. That actually hurts.”

            “Like you’re not a pain in the ass.” He rolled his eyes,

            “And so are you, beloved brother.” I swung my arm around him, “We both are because it runs in the family.”

            “Do you even run?” He arched an eyebrow, “Wait, you do run.”

            “No I don’t. I walk with speed.”

            He snorted, “Same thing.”

            “Do you guys always talk like this?” Nate abruptly asked, “And do you guys always do this too?”

            “Sort of. I don’t know, we’re unpredictable.” Andy answered, “Why the question, champ?”