Oops, I summoned a king.

My name is _____ _______ and I lived in (Where you live) most of my life until I moved to Japan a year ago. My parents died in a car accident and I was sent here to live with my aunt Caroline. She doesn't really care what I do, she is quite the bitch. She ignores me and when she actually acknowledges my existence she is shouting at me and throwing things. She never wanted a niece and couldn't stand my sister so I am literally the biggest steaming pile of shit she ever laid her eyes on. Since moving here I have gotten a retail job, nothing special really it's just a clothes store. I am also not your typical human either. Since a young age I have had special magical abilities carried down through my family. I can cast certain spells. I once cast a spell to read minds. I am also quite the healer so you can imagine what I felt when I couldn't save my family. My father taught me about my abilities and about mana. I am now living with a bitch that ignored her families' heritage and am practically a slave in her home. I wish fairy tales are real and a knight in shining armour would come and rescue me from this hell hole....

Present day...

I'm sitting in my aunt's room cleaning up her mess, her two month old mess to be exact. There are dirty clothes, wrappers, cigarettes and food all over the place. And this is meant to be my day off work. I heave as I pick up a mouldy piece of ham sandwich with maggots crawling in it off of the floor and put it in the black rubbish bag by my side. I look around at the almost tidy room which I have spent hours on, when I notice a large book on top of Aunt Caroline's wardrobe. It's quite old by the look of its damaged spine. I stand up and pull a chair to the wardrobe and stand on it to give me the extra height I need. I grasp the book feeling the dust and cracked leather cover. I pulled it towards me and into my arms. I studied the weird markings on the cover. I have no idea what this book is but it looks cool I think to myself. I then hide it in my room under the bed before getting back to work. My aunt told me not to touch her books but what the hell. I guess I can sneak out after this and go read it somewhere else. I finally finished around late evening so I went straight to my room to fetch the book. I grab my rucksack and slide the book inside. I want to get out the house before my aunt sees me. If she finds me with the book then I am in deep shit. I carefully creep down the stairs and peep into the living room. Caroline has some of her drunken friends over and her asshole boyfriend who tends to eye me up. To be honest he scares me. "So Caroline where's your pathetic niece?" I hear one of her friends ask. "Who gives a damn? As long as I don't have to look at that brat's face I'm happy." She laughed with her friends. I snarled before taking my chance to slip out of the door.

I decide to head to the abandoned skate park outside of town. It's under an old bridge that used to be a road leading out of the city. I go here when I want to be alone. Once there I get out the book and open it. Suddenly, a beautiful gold ring falls out of it and onto the cold ground. I pick it up and look at it. It is real solid gold and it shines beautifully in the fading autumn sun. I then notice a piece of paper between two pages so I put the ring in my pocket and open the book to that page and take out the note. There is a weird inscription on it. It is readable; my dad taught me how to read this kind of language. It looks like a spell of some kind. I smile and look at the pages of the book the note was hidden in. There is a beautiful symbol that takes my interest. I haven't done a spell in over a year now and I miss it. I grab a chalk off of the floor and start drawing it. Using the instructions it takes me a good half hour but when I'm done I stand and look at my work pleased. I then open the note and start to read. All though the words are a little strange to me I finish the incantation but nothing happens. "Mabey I did it wrong?" I thought out loud.

I sigh and go to close the book when I cut my finger on one of the pages. "Damn it!" I groan as the blood from my cut falls onto the symbol below my feet. I stick my finger in my mouth to stop the bleeding when suddenly gold light emanates from the symbol making me jump back. The light fills the whole area under the bridge for a short time. Then, the light fades and a man with spiked golden blonde hair that resembles fire is standing in the middle of the circle. He is wearing gold armour with red cloth coming from under it. He has fare skin and is the most attractive man I have ever laid eyes on. I stare in awe at the man who then looks around and then lays his eyes on me. "You, woman I take it that you summoned me." He asked quite rudely. If I wasn't annoyed by his tone I would be bathing in the silkiness of his voice. "I guess so, who are you?" I ask. "I am Gilgamesh King of Heroes." He states with pride. I couldn't contain my laugh. "What did I say that you find so amusing." He asks looking annoyed "Because you are nuts firstly because Gilgamesh lived in 2500 BC and two you look around 20-22 years old." I state. "So you've heard of me?" He asks with a superior look. "Yes I learnt about HIM in school, he was a demi god and a king." I reply. "I am the king Gilgamesh and you have summoned me for the Holy Grail war." He insists. "Wait what did you say, what war!?" I asked shocked. "Take me to your home and I will tell you all about it." He suggested. I don't know if I should, if Caroline sees me bringing a guy home then I am in for it. "I don't know if my aunt sees you." I begin before he cuts me off. "She won't even know I'm there." I hope so because this does sound serious. He smiled a prideful smile before vanishing into gold dust. I stand there shocked. Did that really just happen? I thought as I look around. "So what do you say?" I can hear his voice in my head. "Fine but you better tell me everything because this is just too weird." I say before I collect my things and start to walk home.